64mm

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I just put together a kit for my buddy, Industrial 64/65/70 gated with all BD mounting parts. Its pretty slick, the BD parts are unbeatable quality for bolt on stuff.

non vgt is going to spool slower and not be as responsive as the stocker by any means, but its not undriveable, the 64/71/70 actually spools very well and is well matched between the wheels and housings. I really think the 64mm compressor is matched much better with the 71mm wheel than a 65mm wheel. But Ive never tried one with the new 68mm wheel, should work nicely.

AllanB

Reaction score
My TP has been flawless. I know what you're saying about the "so called" pedistal...i'm not sure i'd even call it a pedistal because the turbo doesn't even bolt to it. Didn't have any issues with the drain line. Chad said that he made my drain line a little different and when they tested it, he said it worked better than the others they made. Here's some pics of pedistal and drain line.

The only reason i got this turbo is because they were coming out with this new turbine housing that was supposedly change the turbo world for the 6L. However...i think we all know how that's turned out so far. I did however contacted Chad a few months back about the housing and he told me that they are getting very close with it and have made multiple changes with it to improve it and didn't want to release anything until they were absolutly happy with the results.[/QUOTE]

The 6.0ltr will be nothing but a memory by that time LOL When my up pipe broke, that is when I called him for a new pedistal. But got one that looked idenical to the crappy one I already had. He told be the reason my up pipe and turbo adapter was breaking was heat related. But then he comes out with a pedistal that doesn't bolt the turbo on? Hmm, well now that is some good info. I will call him this week and see if I can get a pedistal like that. I am not so sure about it not bolting down, but that would leave it room to move, without breaking anything. If it works, it works.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Tp offers great turbos, but their mounting solutions look like steavie wonder is head of that department. They need something better, stuff like the BD stuff, thicker steel, not jb welded hvac exhaust material LOL

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
I have the same blue "turbo mount" sitting in my shop if you really want to try it. I don't think I am going to use it anytime soon...I would assume that it is the same. I had a 62/71/55 that I tried out for TP and still have the mount.

redracer62

Reaction score
Tp offers great turbos, but their mounting solutions look like steavie wonder is head of that department. They need something better, stuff like the BD stuff, thicker steel, not jb welded hvac exhaust material LOL

There exhaust housing thats supposed to come out will maintain the stock pedestal and drain. When that is, no one knows. I've got a turbo kit from then to and have the same pedestal.

Keanoknick

Reaction score
You guys that are waiting on the TP exhaust housing, should give Chad a call, and ask for an update. I know there has been recent stuff going on with it, but being as I am in NO WAY affiliated with TP, I will let Chad speak for himself.

strokin6L

Reaction score
You guys that are waiting on the TP exhaust housing, should give Chad a call, and ask for an update. I know there has been recent stuff going on with it, but being as I am in NO WAY affiliated with TP, I will let Chad speak for himself.

I already did a few months back and he told me that they were getting very close but still aren't ready to release anything yet until they are 100% happy with it.

strokin6L

Reaction score
My TP has been flawless. I know what you're saying about the "so called" pedistal...i'm not sure i'd even call it a pedistal because the turbo doesn't even bolt to it. Didn't have any issues with the drain line. Chad said that he made my drain line a little different and when they tested it, he said it worked better than the others they made. Here's some pics of pedistal and drain line.

The only reason i got this turbo is because they were coming out with this new turbine housing that was supposedly change the turbo world for the 6L. However...i think we all know how that's turned out so far. I did however contacted Chad a few months back about the housing and he told me that they are getting very close with it and have made multiple changes with it to improve it and didn't want to release anything until they were absolutly happy with the results.[/QUOTE]

The 6.0ltr will be nothing but a memory by that time LOL When my up pipe broke, that is when I called him for a new pedistal. But got one that looked idenical to the crappy one I already had. He told be the reason my up pipe and turbo adapter was breaking was heat related. But then he comes out with a pedistal that doesn't bolt the turbo on? Hmm, well now that is some good info. I will call him this week and see if I can get a pedistal like that. I am not so sure about it not bolting down, but that would leave it room to move, without breaking anything. If it works, it works.

If you want a different pedistal i wouldn't use anything but a RCD or BD pedistal and drain line. They will work with that TP turbo.

AllanB

Reaction score
If you want a different pedistal i wouldn't use anything but a RCD or BD pedistal and drain line. They will work with that TP turbo.

Hey Bud, thanks for the info. Like I said before, I do like the turbo, but the mount has gotta go. I don't drive this truck a lot anyway. But when I do I would like to keep it from splitting y pipes or breaking adaptors. Plus I am thinking about selling it and I would like everything to be right on it if I do. I will give RCD a call Monday and see if we can come up with something that works. I get this done and then get Eric to write me a tune, cutting the fuel to the injectors back just a little, and I should be in buisness. Thanks again for the info.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I dont think RCD's pedestals are done yet siince they decided to revise them, but I could be wrong. If you need the BD stuff, I have the list of parts numbers for everything youll need.

AllanB

Reaction score
I have the same blue "turbo mount" sitting in my shop if you really want to try it. I don't think I am going to use it anytime soon...I would assume that it is the same. I had a 62/71/55 that I tried out for TP and still have the mount.

I do appriciate the offer Bud. Really I do. But now that I find out I can get the proper pedistal from RCD or BD, I think that is the direction I need to go. I have had enough trouble with TP's pedistals. But that is really good of you to offer. That is the good thing about this site. You might meet your share of a$$holes, but you will also meet more than your share of decent people. Thanks again Bud.

AllanB

Reaction score
Sounds good. I am not in a hurry, I have another truck that I drive most of the time. When you get a chance, shoot me a PM with a price if y'all have one yet. If you have a pic or any info on the Proto version and can share that, send it also. Turbo is 64/71/70 Thanks Jared.

STROKER

Reaction score
IMO RCD's pedistal is by far the best i've seen. I'm not a fan of trusteds seems real flimsy. Turbonetics looks real nice, but i can't stand how the drain is just a barb end and you have to make a hose and cut up a stock drain line or use their kit. RCD's has the drain built into it, it lines up perfect, and has never leaked. I haven't seen RCD's new pedistal but i guranatee it'll be top notch.:thumbsup:

AllanB

Reaction score
IMO RCD's pedistal is by far the best i've seen. I'm not a fan of trusteds seems real flimsy. Turbonetics looks real nice, but i can't stand how the drain is just a barb end and you have to make a hose and cut up a stock drain line or use their kit. RCD's has the drain built into it, it lines up perfect, and has never leaked. I haven't seen RCD's new pedistal but i guranatee it'll be top notch.:thumbsup:

Flimsy? Ya think lol? I am really going to have to take a pic of this when I pull it off and show y'all. Flimsy doesn't even come close to describing it.

AllanB

Reaction score
It is just a thin place that bolts down, that much is like yours. Then 2 pieces of 1/4" square tubing welded to it, standing straight up, in the end of the tubing it has a nut that is welded inside the tubing that enables the turbo to be bolted on to the square tubing. Really, words can't describe it, ya just gotta see it lol. I will pull the turbo this week and get you a pic of it.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
is this what youre referring to?

This is Jess Warren's old turbo, pretty sure this is a trusted unit

62/71/70

Img006_1536x2048.jpg

Img007_2048x1536.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.