68mm Powermax with 290's

imelmo

Reaction score
Haven't been to the track yet, so figured I'd make a thread about daily driving.

Got the 68mm Powermax from River City. I have Innovative 290's. I ride around in Innovative's XTreme race tune with no issues. :D

There's surprisingly little smoke under normal conditions and driving. Just a very light haze. Egt's aren't out of control. And boost comes up as good or better than stock. Not sure how much a difference it makes but I do also have a GoGo intake.

The XTreme Race tune from Innovative idles extremely smooth and daily drives just fine.

Obviously if I get on the pedal kind of hard it will pour the smoke out. But it's easily controllable with normal driving. I even towed my Sister's bedroom home from Baton Rouge with my 16' double axle utility trailer Thursday. Used XTreme Street (didn't have the heart to go any lower than that LOL ).

A hair smokey at 77mph but nothing Dodge-like and certainly manageable. Egt's averaged about 950* and would get to about 1100* on overpasses and bridges. No issues at all. It was about 70* outside.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some track numbers tomorrow or Sunday if the weather holds out. I'll consider doing a couple of fuel only runs. LOL

Gonna try out the River City tunes while I'm there as well. I did try out their lope tune earlier. That thing is awesome; I'm gonna mess with some people along the Mardis Gras parade with it this weekend. :D

Last edited:

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Haven't been to the track yet, so figured I'd make a thread about daily driving.

Got the 68mm Powermax from River City. I have Innovative 290's. I ride around in Innovative's XTreme race tune with no issues. :D

There's surprisingly little smoke under normal conditions and driving. Just a very light haze. Egt's aren't out of control. And boost comes up as good or better than stock. Not sure how much a difference it makes but I do also have a GoGo intake.

Obviously if I get on the pedal kind of hard it will pour the smoke out. But it's easily controllable with normal driving. I even towed my Sister's bedroom home from Baton Rouge with my 16' double axle utility trailer Thursday. Used XTreme Street (didn't have the heart to go any lower than that LOL ).

A hair smokey at 77mph but nothing Dodge-like and certainly manageable. Egt's averaged about 950* and would get to about 1100* on overpasses and bridges. No issues at all. It was about 70* outside.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some track numbers tomorrow or Sunday if the weather holds out. I'll consider doing a couple of fuel only runs. LOL

Good report bro.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Had no idea you were doing all that.

Feel.strong? How much boost does it make? Is it a cast wheel or billet... sorry for all the questions. If its a Garrett based 68mm wheel I.loved it in my single set up

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
like1.gif

I've been toying with the idea of sending my pmax up there to have this done. get some driving vids!

Latest posts

Members online