68mm powermax

SILVERSTROKER250

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on this turbo like if paired up with a set of 205s you think 600 is possible? Also is the surging going to be kept under control through tuning? How would this turbo stack up against the ssx will it outflow by a lot are they pretty similar? If this turbo seems to work out i would be very interested as its a direct bolt in i was going to go non vgt but the hp would be similar and the cost would be a lot cheaper.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
I've heard that 600 is doable with 205's and the 68. the surging issue is all in the tuning which I've heard RCD (obviously) and Innovative have worked out. 68 is bigger than the ssx. i think it's a 64.5 wheel??

just keep your eye on the other 68 threads...

Abrannan19

Reaction score
Be careful going that big with a daily driver, you risk it being laggy and possibly smokey too.

strokin6L

Reaction score
i've heard with RCD and ID tuning...no issues with lag as a DD. The 68mm powermax and 205's put down 610+hp at schieds

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
i've heard with RCD and ID tuning...no issues with lag as a DD. The 68mm powermax and 205's put down 610+hp at schieds

:whs:

I ordered one with a batmowheel. Matt @ Gearhead will be handling the live tuning.

slc dzl

Reaction score
This is the setup I will be running as soon as I buy my injectors With my tax return.

And talking with jared at rcd they and innovative have the tuning figured out for this turbo.

MUDSTROKIN'

Reaction score
How does it do on the street smoke/lag wise?

I believe danny said it spooled like a stock turbo and he had 290s.

I've been thinking about going to 205s and a 68mm. But can anyone tell me how that would be with a handshaker? I don't hear much about people running big stix and chargers with a zf6

windrunner408

Reaction score
Me too. I could have swore I heard someone report that these things have like a 1:2, boost:back pressure ratio but dont quote me on that as I dont have a source to back it up at the moment.

SILVERSTROKER250

Reaction score
i would like to no the back-pressure to but from what im hearing with the right tuning there is no lag problems and the surging is taking care of to. 610hp it sounds like a killer set-up and im surprised more ppl don't have it yet. 97strokin&smokin you said your brother has one how does it ride my guess it pulls hard as a mofo, how is the smoke? how are the egts?if you could get a video that be awesome. PTSUPERD what made you go with this turbo? that batwheel and the live tuning should work great i no its expensive but i have a gogo stage1 manifold it dropped my egts 150 degrees and its made spool up almost instant it was night and day when i put it on if you can afford it you wouldn't be disappointed. when should you have your set-up running?

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I think this may be the perfect drop in for a 500+ hp truck. I think the batmowheel will only enhance what I'm hearing is already a very streetable turbo.

As far as the ported manifold, Steve @ Absolute is building me one as we speak. It sounds like its turning out really slick.

Truck is getting a full out fuel system from Dozers....fed buy a sump and Fuel lab pump from David Lott @ DI. David is milling a dead Fass 150 I had laying around to accept the fuel lab pump...so I'll have good filtration too...

I'm probably gonna go ahead and do valve springs too....

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Anyone have an answer to my question?

100 percent honesty. To my knowledge, FWIW, you would be my first 68mm powermax customer with a manual. It spools faster than stock on an auto truck, wanna really push the limit.. I know of at least 5 other members on here having a 68 bought or ordered already.. :joy:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I think this may be the perfect drop in for a 500+ hp truck. I think the batmowheel will only enhance what I'm hearing is already a very streetable turbo.

As far as the ported manifold, Steve @ Absolute is building me one as we speak. It sounds like its turning out really slick.

Truck is getting a full out fuel system from Dozers....fed buy a sump and Fuel lab pump from David Lott @ DI. David is milling a dead Fass 150 I had laying around to accept the fuel lab pump...so I'll have good filtration too...

I'm probably gonna go ahead and do valve springs too....

That a boy!

Ill call you tomorrow to go over the other options!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.