6L Headers... A few questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
a set off our stainless high flow manifolds would help spool-up and flow alot better

patrickke

Reaction score
How much?
How much more flow?
Any coating?
How have they held up?
Do you all have a set on the drag truck?
Pre-tapped for egt sensors and ebp gauges?

patrickke

Reaction score
The best headers would be a 1 manifold conversion. Then remove .1 liter and utilize the 5.9. hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while pulling a 36ft gooseneck and not paying attention to the road.

I will get back to you on that when I make attempt #3 to get that bolt back in the vc :flipa:

patrickke

Reaction score
haha im gonna come watch him build it and make fun of him the whole time. its always fun.

but hey-take me up on that offer for the wheels:D

Im probably gonna make rykan a nervous wreck asking him how my truck is doing lol

All i know is, it better come back from snowshoe with ac lol

If you will hold them... go to rre and i will let you drive it

Last edited:

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Im probably gonna make rykan a nervous wreck asking him how my truck is doing lol

All i know is, it better come back from snowshoe with ac lol

If you will hold them... go to rre and i will let you drive it

he'll be alright. and ill make sure it does :D

if i still have them there yours-but i really am trying to push them out the door so i can throw some bmfs on my 6 whore

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Do a gogo intake first, you'll find more gains. The 6.4 guys are putting in 6L headers. So they must be ok

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Bone stock buddy. I did ceramic coat them once. But I've burnt it all off LOL can u say heat. If you want ceramic coat the uppipes, and all the exhaust stuff. The only thing I notices was a drop in under the hood temps. As for a gain in performance for the money spent. NO

patrickke

Reaction score
ok thanks man... Do you personally think I would get any gains by porting, coating, adding a blanket etc... or are you saying this is just futile and I should spend my money elsewhere?

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Don't spend $$$ on porting.. get a dremel and do work! Snag a spare set and practice makes perfect

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Bring them to RRE. I'll bring a vice and my dremel kit. get some beer. I need a set of exhaust manifold gaskets so I can port match

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
K here's the best way I can put it. Stock heads, stock cam,staock crank,stock intake and exhaust manifolds I went 10.56@133 with a 1.68 60ft

With elite stage 2 cam, elite ported and over sized valve heads, pistons, modded intake manifold, modded freakin everything, I've gone a best of 10.46@132 with a 1.55 60ft.

Long story short, stock pasts have made more power to date. Now I'm not saying all the other stuff doesn't work, just haven't got the new setup to all work together yet.

So unless your building a 1100 plus hp truck, stock parts work great

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Now after this weekend I'll be able to give you more info, I've found a few small issues, weather they make a difference os not,I'm not sure. So monday I'll be able to give you a more up to date info on the new setup vs the old

jdgleason

Reaction score
K here's the best way I can put it. Stock heads, stock cam,staock crank,stock intake and exhaust manifolds I went 10.56@133 with a 1.68 60ft

With elite stage 2 cam, elite ported and over sized valve heads, pistons, modded intake manifold, modded freakin everything, I've gone a best of 10.46@132 with a 1.55 60ft.

Long story short, stock pasts have made more power to date. Now I'm not saying all the other stuff doesn't work, just haven't got the new setup to all work together yet.

So unless your building a 1100 plus hp truck, stock parts work great

Game. Canadians. LOL

patrickke

Reaction score
Well I do have ported and polished heads, Colt Cams Race cam, and plans for quite a bit of other things... Im just trying to get the easy stuff out of the way before it gets even more expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.