7.3 4" lift

Lang

Reaction score
Help me spend my money!

Truck 01 F350 CCLB

Wants 4" lift on 35"

I think I'm sold on Icon 4" lift system. Can anyone tell me why I shouldn't go with BDS or Zone?

Shocks, I don't think I want/need to spend coin on Icon's 2.0 w/res. I'm thinking
5160's or Fox 2.0. Thoughts?

Will be ordering adjustable track bar from PMF.

Rear block: Comes with 4", will that be level with new front springs?
I also have rear springs out of a 08, I'm thinking about throwing PMF hangers and putting on… what size block would i need? Anyone with real experience doing this conversion have opinions on the ride?

Tires: Going with AT's, what should I go with? Toyo AT2? BFG ATs? Duratrac?
It sees some mud every now and then.

My truck is a DD/work vehicle, please help me make up my mind!

mustube

Reaction score
I would do full replacement springs with a softer spring rate. Deaver leafs in the rear and a shackle and hanger kit up front with fox 2.0 shocks. The rear will be exactly level with a 2" level up front so if you're doing 4 up front the back needs bigger blocks if you don't get new leafs. 37s look best with 4" of lift, but you will have to trim a little bit.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

mustube

Reaction score
This is my truck, with 37s and a leveling kit. No fender contact front or rear.

IMG_9915.jpg

Last edited:

Lang

Reaction score
What offset on the wheels, and are you using spacers? No rubbing on the leafs? What did you trim?

mustube

Reaction score
In that picture, no wheel spacers, 37x1350r17 Toyos with 9" wide wheels and 5" backspacing (cragar soft 8s). Rubbed just a little at full lock, but not much. These are 13.50 wide tires, 12.50 might clear with the right wheel. In that picture, there was no trimming at all, I just used zip ties to pull back the plastic fender liner because that was the only place it hit. I think a 12.50 like the nitto trail grappler or falken ATs with like 4.75" or 4.5" back spacing would be fine with a leveling kit

Lang

Reaction score
Thanks, ill PM you on your setup. Bump for other suggestions!

mint-6oh

Reaction score
The 08+ rear leafs made a big difference in the way my 06 rides. If you already have a set of rear leafs I would do it. Also I would contact Trevor at pmf for the entire lift as he can get you everything you'll need and you know it'll all work correctly together

Lang

Reaction score
The 08+ rear leafs made a big difference in the way my 06 rides. If you already have a set of rear leafs I would do it. Also I would contact Trevor at pmf for the entire lift as he can get you everything you'll need and you know it'll all work correctly together

Thanks I'll give him a call. But, believe he uses Deaver leafs. From what I have read they will eventually sag and rust. Don't see any Icon leafs on his website.

mint-6oh

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure he uses icon coils, or at least he used to. Not sure about leafs. I had deaver leaf springs in my 03 for 70k+ with no sagging issues fwiw. I've bought lots of his products and have sent several people to him with no complaints

Ia PWRSTKE

Reaction score
For a 4 inch lift I wouls just do blocks out back with stock springs. They ride good and you can still handle a load like you did before. 20x10 wheels and duratracs. Trevor will have the front springs you need.

Lang

Reaction score
For a 4 inch lift I wouls just do blocks out back with stock springs. They ride good and you can still handle a load like you did before. 20x10 wheels and duratracs. Trevor will have the front springs you need.

I'll call him when he gets back.

mustube

Reaction score
I am now. I wasn't in that picture. It rubbed with wheel spacers, so I trimmed the fender. I specifically stated in that picture

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online