7.3 compounds with a stock turbo?

jdgleason

Reaction score
That makes to much sense.... Anyway you could scrap all that and just go off the fact that it has twins and should work?? They do it on CumminGs trucks all the time in Diesel Power mag
It all depends on what the trucks needs for air really are. A stock injectored truck isnt gonna need much more air than a stock turbo could supply, and a 42 supplying some extra air wouldnt be a bad thing. Obviously there are better ways, but gated and dialed in well it would work fine.
Anybody who thinks someone should be kicked in the nutz for doing whatever they want to their own truck deserves to be punched in the mouth.

Well said.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Anybody who thinks someone should be kicked in the nutz for doing whatever they want to their own truck deserves to be punched in the mouth.

Anybody who ***s people out of money on half-assed parts sales should be banned from the forum because they offer absolutely nothing positive or productive to ANYONE on this site.

People are allowed to *** up their chit if they want, but being a blatant moron about it is going to attract ridicule. Not a new concept.

Stick to asking the same repetitive questions you already know the answers to and leave your ideas of punching someone in the mouth off the forum

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
It all depends on what the trucks needs for air really are. A stock injectored truck isnt gonna need much more air than a stock turbo could supply, and a 42 supplying some extra air wouldnt be a bad thing. Obviously there are better ways, but gated and dialed in well it would work fine.

Well said.

Holy ***.....

Keep it simple.... Drop in, proven 38r or improperly sized and set up twins? Not hard to make the right choice here

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
The cummins runs good with a stock charger in a compound setup...why not the powerstroke????

Big Bore

Reaction score
Anybody who ***s people out of money on half-assed parts sales should be banned from the forum because they offer absolutely nothing positive or productive to ANYONE on this site.

I haven't noticed you making any productive contributions to this site other than running your stupid mouth. If the above parts sales is referring to me, show me where I've ***ed anyone out of money. You seem like someone who likes to run others down and run your mouth. I'm sure that'll come in handy someday.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I haven't noticed you making any productive contributions to this site.

Guess you haven't looked very hard then.

Don't play stupid about your notorious used part dealings, nobody likes a nit-wit. Regardless, this thread isn't about you or your con artist ways so can it. Stick to what you do best, starting threads trying to stir up animosity between vendors. Thanks for playing. Good day sir!

Charles

Reaction score
The smaller your first stage charger, the bigger your second stage wastegate better be, cause you'll have to turn the second stage into a ceiling fan to keep the manifold pressure sane after cranking up the first stage enough to keep it out of choke.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
how where his egts? if they were in check then it would be the same as adding a 38r and an ic to keep egts in check with that hp range rite?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Steve stfu, at least this guy managed to get his truck on a dyno.... :poke:

I dont know if the thing was wastegated or not, he said it drove nice, ran pretty cool. as far as injectors i know they are beans, and so is the tuning but all he could tell me was mild, also only running a 17 degree oil pump

Im not saying its the next best set up or anything im just saying that its out there, this is what it made. Thought it might make for good discussion...

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'd be real interested to know how much back pressure the truck is seeing. I'm all about working with what you have - but you would have to almost gate entirely around the stock charger to keep things happy when its up and running.

Charles

Reaction score
Steve stfu, at least this guy managed to get his truck on a dyno.... :poke:

I dont know if the thing was wastegated or not, he said it drove nice, ran pretty cool. as far as injectors i know they are beans, and so is the tuning but all he could tell me was mild, also only running a 17 degree oil pump

Im not saying its the next best set up or anything im just saying that its out there, this is what it made. Thought it might make for good discussion...

Well, if the injectors were smallish, say 175's or so, and all he did was add a JB GT42, then he's making pretty good power for the dollar, and it should have a nice, broad powerband if the nozzles are decently sized.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I'd be real interested to know how much back pressure the truck is seeing. I'm all about working with what you have - but you would have to almost gate entirely around the stock charger to keep things happy when its up and running.
44 psi boost 60 psi back pressure is what he told us
Well, if the injectors were smallish, say 175's or so, and all he did was add a JB GT42, then he's making pretty good power for the dollar, and it should have a nice, broad powerband if the nozzles are decently sized.

not sure on the injectors, like i said they are beans, maybe ryan or someone knows

Charles

Reaction score

not sure on the injectors, like i said they are beans, maybe ryan or someone knows

That drive pressure is absolutley insane for that little boost. At 40lbs my old setup was less than 40 drive.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

That sounds high - but is actually lower than what I expected. I know my DD tune on my Dmax runs about 1.5psi of backpressure to boost at cruise empty - it is just a bit less at WOT and its about 1:1 with a loaded trailer on the back at cruise - but I have the benefit of modifying my vane tables on the VGT to control it a bit. I would like to get the backpressure down a bit for sure during empty cruising conditions - but it runs so nice as it sits and is super responsive. Either way that is one of my goals for this summer is to put in some development time making a better vane table.

Latest posts

Members online