7.3 cut out while driving won't restart

mandkole

Reaction score
From the base or from poppet?
Nice job following your hunch and glad you're getting somewhere.

mustube

Reaction score
Just did a buzz test, and got a P1293. Not sure if poppet or o ring. Anyone?

Last edited:

mustube

Reaction score
IMG_20140621_074416718.jpg

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

mustube

Reaction score
There's what looks like a piece of a wire wheel for a grinder behind the top o rings

IMG_20140621_074637717.jpg

mandkole

Reaction score
Whoa... It's it me or were 2 cushion rings installed?? The should be a round blue oring below the square cushion ring then the steel ring on top. Those cushion rings are not designed for pressure.

mandkole

Reaction score
ok, it looked more square on the smaller phone screen. On the larger screen you can see the blue of the round ring. Wonder what the inj next to it looks like. Never seen a blue ring ripped open..

TARM

Reaction score
Hard to say what that wire ame from but it sure seems to have been their prior to the oring install. Maybe as you said wire from wire wheel. Maybe they use one to clean up the area as part of prepping the injectod body. But it could be something else who knows. Maybe give Tim@PIS a call as if anyone he would have the best clue how kt got in their during the build process.

Over time it mu j have slowly cut into the inside surface with each pulse and finally let go. Its good you actually fond there was a cause for it to be only one so the others are likley gtg. What are the chances their is another one like that, not likley IMO.

After you get it back in I would still pressurize the rail again to be surd that is it as you aleady have it opened up.

mustube

Reaction score
It's already all back together and I got most of the air out of the system. Seems all is well again.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Anybody want pictures of new pis injectors so you can see they arent dirty or covered in junk? Before this snowballs as someone is probably laying in the weeds waiting to turn this into a mountain.

mustube

Reaction score
Mine were very clean and looked great when I got them. Packaging was great too. This was just a ruined o ring. Truck runs great again. It just sucks I had to fix it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.