7.3 DD/ Do Everything Build ?'s

mustube

Reaction score
I need new injectors on my truck, and I've decided what my goals are for the truck I just don't know what parts will get me there. All I want is 400hp, no more just to keep it reliable with the PMRs.

Questions about parts to get there:
HPOP- I'm assuming a T500 or SRP will get me there and keep up no problem
Injectors- I'm thinking Rosewood 160/80 remans
Turbo- Will a 1.0 A/R non wastegated turbine housing and outlet with my existing WW2 push enough air?
Tuner- hydra with someones tunes
Full fuel system in the spring

Truck already has an intake, exhaust, bellowed up pipes, a fresh transmission with billet converter and 6.0 cooler and I'm thinking about a BTS valve body for Christmas.

Thanks in advance

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
400 could easily be done with just the ww2 and a 1.00 or 1.15 exhaust housing. Be better with a 38r? yes. But who wants to spend an extra $1400 if they dont need to.

T500 would be PLENTY enough oil. Plus cheaper, and IMO, more reliable then an SRP.

160/100s, fuel system, good tuning, trans to take it all, and you'll easily have a reliable 400hp.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
400 could easily be done with just the ww2 and a 1.00 or 1.15 exhaust housing. Be better with a 38r? yes. But who wants to spend an extra $1400 if they dont need to.

T500 would be PLENTY enough oil. Plus cheaper, and IMO, more reliable then an SRP.

160/100s, fuel system, good tuning, trans to take it all, and you'll easily have a reliable 400hp.

Oh yes... Another stock turbo junky...

So you would like the guy to spend another $400 on a new exhaust housing, plus another $200 for an outlet, plus the $200 he already spent on a compressor wheel... Just to keep a stock turbo set up that no matter what is maxed out...

Or sell your stocker for what its worth, $300-$500 and put that money toward a good turbo for what you're looking to do...

As I said before...

160/100
38R...

Want to keep it simple, work, and not be broke down all the time, there is your recipe for 400hp.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
160/stock
Gen 2 wicked wheel
T500
Hydra
^ cheap reliable

238/100
38r
T500
Hydra

^still reliable, more benefits, more money

Feel free to call the shop if you have questions. We keep this combination in stock at all times for a reason....it works
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

97stoker350

Reaction score
As far as I know nothng is garanteed reliable on pmrs. Maybe see if there is a used 38r for sale on here and go with that with the injectors they mentioned. I have heard gearhead has the most reliable tunes for pmrs though...

CSIPSD

Reaction score
160/stock
Gen 2 wicked wheel
T500
Hydra
^ cheap reliable

238/100
38r
T500
Hydra

^still reliable, more benefits, more money

Feel free to call the shop if you have questions. We keep this combination in stock at all times for a reason....it works
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Whats the hang up on changing HPOP's... Good lord some people get all hung up on this... 160/100's use LESS HPO then the stock AD's, you dont need more oil to run a set of 160's, PERIOD.

Hybrids are always fun, but more money and not needed for a 400hp build.

Best combo out there I have run, and thats alot of ****...

AC's and a 38R...

Nothing more fun for a DD truck that you dont have to worry about, dont have to work on all the time, dont have to do **** but change the oil.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Whats the hang up on changing HPOP's... Good lord some people get all hung up on this... 160/100's use LESS HPO then the stock AD's, you dont need more oil to run a set of 160's, PERIOD.

AC's and a 38R...

Nothing more fun for a DD truck that you dont have to worry about, dont have to work on all the time, dont have to do **** but change the oil.

Just out of curiosity, if someone went with the stock ac's and 38r and decided they wanted to upgrade them to 100% nozzles, what is the average cost of this? Can't remember if you have stated this before, but what tunes would you suggest for the above combo (stock ac's and 38r). Thanks!

JC

ghohouston

Reaction score

AC's and a 38R...

I always see you posting that larger injectors are "less reliable". Now im not calling you out, but but honestly just wondering why you claim the unreliable? I had 238/100's and a 38r, was a great setup, and didnt have a single issue out of it. Drove at least 60 miles on it a day without a hiccup.

JD3020

Reaction score
I know my truck is an OBS but i put 14-15k miles on it with 175/100%'s, stock turbo, stock fuel, stock oil. It was an awesome DD, got good fuel mileage, and i had 0 issues related to the mods. Towed with it, raced it, pulled it once or twice, used it on the farm to haul grain/hay.

I'm now running decent sized hybrids and i've added e-fuel, and tuning it myself, but still plan to do the same exact things as i did with my 2's.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, if someone went with the stock ac's and 38r and decided they wanted to upgrade them to 100% nozzles, what is the average cost of this? Can't remember if you have stated this before, but what tunes would you suggest for the above combo (stock ac's and 38r). Thanks!

JC

Nozzles are about $500-$600 bucks.

I really like the tunes from No Limit, very disappointed they are not doing Hydra tuning anymore but...

I like the Gearhead tune, and will more then likely get a few more from him. Matt is very conservative in his tuning.

I liked my Swamps tuning.

I liked my Elite tuning.

I liked my DI tuning and my wifes currently running DI tuning with a 38R and AC's...

There is really only one tuner I have run that I would never recommend... Can't say who or I'm likely to get banned... LOL

mustube

Reaction score
I'm going to wait until after injectors to get the hpop to see what the numbers are but my truck was owned by a construction company that didn't change the oil on the truck, this is the reason for needing injectors too. I don't remember any numbers but when a buddy hooked up AE in the spring, there constantly wasn't enough oil. There are no leaks on my truck either.
I also know there isn't a safe zone for PMRs but I don't stupidly beat on my truck or haul a million pounds at 90 mph up a grade, it should live just fine.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
So stock AC injectors or 160/100s?

To be honest.... with different combinations we have done here in our shop, I would never recommend a 160 with a nozzle on it to anyone. AC (160/stock) or a hybrid 238cc+.
With the tuning advancements and turbo configurations available there is very little need for the 160/100 injector. A 250/100 will do everything you need and more if your truck is setup up to handle a 160/100. Anyone wanting anything larger than a stock nozzle gets a hybrid. Have yet to have one single complaint about EGTs or smoke or anything. Just monitor fuel pressure to make sure it is maintaining, be sure ICP is maintaining, and tune it correctly. You will be a happy camper.

mustube

Reaction score
Also, is there a chip/downloader that I don't have to mail out and everyone can send tunes for? I'd like to try some different tunes

CSIPSD

Reaction score
To be honest.... with different combinations we have done here in our shop, I would never recommend a 160 with a nozzle on it to anyone. AC (160/stock) or a hybrid 238cc+.
With the tuning advancements and turbo configurations available there is very little need for the 160/100 injector. A 250/100 will do everything you need and more if your truck is setup up to handle a 160/100. Anyone wanting anything larger than a stock nozzle gets a hybrid. Have yet to have one single complaint about EGTs or smoke or anything. Just monitor fuel pressure to make sure it is maintaining, be sure ICP is maintaining, and tune it correctly. You will be a happy camper.

I disagree simply because someone else can jump in your truck and turn it up...

160/100 is a sweet injector that will do everything you need and not hurt a damn thing.

Latest posts

Members online