7.3 down in Belmont Ohio need diagnosis help

Pstrke96

Reaction score
So I've got a buddy driving to where I am in Paducah ky. He called me to day from Belmont OH broke down, 99 f450 7.3 auto 2 wd. He told me he was gradually losing power so he pulled into a truck stop exit 209 hay 70. He turned the truck off and it will not restart he called someone else and they had him swap cps and fuel filter. After calling me he has pulled filter to check for adequAte flow due to no access to fuel pressure gauge. I have had him unplug icp check hpop reservoir all seems to be well. If anyone us close with AE that would be awesome or at least know the area or a shop to point him and a wrecker in the right direction. Also he may be looking for someone with a gooseneck hitch to possibly finish his trip 440 miles to Paducah KY.
Thanks guys he's stuck and I don't have 18 hours to go rescue him.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
I am waiting on a Rey from him, but when I had him remove filter and drain/refill fuel bowl he said pump wfelt/soun ded strong and bowl refilled quickly. I'm third party so if this sounds dumb sorry. Just trying to help the guy before his biz partner tows it too ford

ToMang07

Reaction score
That's a tough one to explain via text or hone for a novce PSD guy

73EngineSensors.png

Pstrke96

Reaction score
Very good diagram thank oun will save it fr sure. The last update I got was water in fuel, I called bs. I've never scene a truck not start because of water. It would have to be like 50% or more u would think. Anyhow they have told him he needs injectors and they only recommend changing all f them. I told him to insist on a buzz test and his presence t hat the truck was running there's no reason to swap them all @ 200$ each

ghohouston

Reaction score
I'd make them do a cylinder contribution test in front t of me, and I'd have to see the results. Probably has a grey cps and throws codes for #3 and #8 injectors

Pstrke96

Reaction score
8 injectors uvch and valve cover gaskets 3500$
Cps and sensor recall no charge truck is running like a champ.
The sample bottle of fuel he brought me is 2/3 water I've never seen one so bad

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
8 injectors uvch and valve cover gaskets 3500$
Cps and sensor recall no charge truck is running like a champ.
The sample bottle of fuel he brought me is 2/3 water I've never seen one so bad
Wow, got him on the labor
I love working on my own stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.