7.3 ford to 6.7 cummins swap

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Probably guesstimates given the mods. Over 1:2 hp:torque number seem pretty rare on these trucks, especially if you're spinning any kind of serious revs. Maybe the kid should put it on the dyno first and see what it really makes. The $75 I spent was worth it to have concrete proof of what mine's doing to shut some people up.
7.3s can make a lot of torque actually. My dually was 450hp with track times and over 1200 torque on a few different dynos..

live life full throttle

gwunter

Reaction score
7.3s can make a lot of torque actually. My dually was 450hp with track times and over 1200 torque on a few different dynos..

live life full throttle
Wow, that's pretty impressive. I really didn't think the V8's were even quite to a 2:1 hp to tq. Now the inlines I know are typically right at or above that 2:1. Guess I need to pay closer attention to the posted dyno graphs!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty impressive. I really didn't think the V8's were even quite to a 2:1 hp to tq. Now the inlines I know are typically right at or above that 2:1. Guess I need to pay closer attention to the posted dyno graphs!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Big stroke... easiest way to make tq...

live life full throttle

Black AOD

Reaction score
What would you recommend because here's the setup right now 2003 Ford 7.3 f350 dually crewcab with swamp's motorsports parts and tuner making 450hp and 1300 lb/ft of torque Brian's truck shop transmission but I want more hp and tq budget is 3k

Your Budget is 3k...... ?

:confused:

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
What mods does it have? Be specific. What size are the injectors in cc's? What percent are the nozzles? What turbo is on it? What supporting mods other than bts trans?

Yojih123

Reaction score
What mods does it have? Be specific. What size are the injectors in cc's? What percent are the nozzles? What turbo is on it? What supporting mods other than bts trans?
Swamps diesel hybrid injectors do not know cc's and percent of nozzles and do not know what turbo and has a tuner

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
It has a aftermarket turbo and bigger injectors and has tuner and has a Brian's truck shop transmission making 450hp and 1300ft/Ibs of tq

If I were to max out the swamps setup I could make 900+hp with the 7.3 but do not know how much tq I could make.
Love to hear/see how

Sadly the trolling still goes on.

Reaction score
Then you ain't got time to build a diesel engine. Lots of stuff going into the equation of building horsepower, especially with a 7.3. Worry about your essentials math and intramural badminton, creep the forums and look at old build threads and then start thinking about more horsepower. You'll soon learn that you can do a lot more with "450" hp then you think. See the 7.3 in my sig, that was my high school ride and first truck. It was 300/600 on a good day and went like a sun of a gun and was the fastest thing in the school parking lot, and I bought it myself, wasn't given to me by my grandpa. Count your blessings that you're getting as much truck as you are and move on.

Bmcgarvie

Reaction score
I do not have time to.

Then I don't have time to help. Didn't mean to catch you between PE and English classes. You're not gonna learn crap nor do crap unless you start doing the work to learn and get better. good luck on your endeavors kid you're definitely gonna need it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.