7.3 fuel line sleeves

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Getting ready to install my new hpop and need to know what size and how many fuel line sleeves I need to get for fuel line to fuel bowl.
Thanks
sqrlgtr

dsberman94

Reaction score
If you didn't take the bowl off yet, don't. You don't need to. If you did, riffraff sells the sleeves you need. Or just buy a reseal kit and reseal the whole fuel bowl. IMO, it's just easier without removing the bowl and having to screw around with trying to get it to seal again. I'd also recommend the HPOP line removal tool from riffraff. Makes that very easy as well.

Last edited:

Bluke

Reaction score
If your removing just the fuel bowl and not the lines. You need 2-3/8" vibra lok sleeves and one 5/16" vibra lok sleeve. If you pull the lines also. Get two more 3/8" sleeves.

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Found em online at dieseloring better safe than sorry.these directions that came with hpop shows removing hpop resv.and fuel bowl all together?some say you dont even have to remove the fuel bowl at all.I'm sure it would give you more room and probally be able to clean everything up better.ain't decided how I am going to tackle this yet.any suggestions?
Thanks
sqrlgtr

dsberman94

Reaction score
I pulled my fuel bowl the first time I did mine. It did give more room but I still haven't gotten the return line to seal properly since March 2015. I pulled a friend's uncle's pump a couple weeks ago without pulling the bowl. It's just two bolts, HPOP lines, and the ipr wiring once you get the intake cross pipe out of the way. I recommend the riffraff HPOP tool for that as I said before. Makes life so much easier since we only have 2 hands. 3/8" drive socket and some extensions and a ratchet or impact gun and it comes out pretty quick and easy. Definitely the way I'll do them from now on. When I picked my t500 up from Carson Stauffer he told me about doing it this way. It's definitely quicker than pulling the bowl and having to reseal the lines.

also I used the directions on riff Rafa website the first time I did it. No reservoir removal necessary.

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Did yours disappear?:flush:tell me more about this vanishing fuel bowl...
Thanks
sqrlgtr

Arisley

Reaction score
Absolutely. These trucks should have come with a regulated return. You will need a prepump filter and water separator, a post pump filter a splitter to split the lines at the motor, feed the motor at the back of both heads through banjo bolts, come out of the heads at the front, into a regulator and back to the tank.

I have 5/8' from the tank to the Y, and use the factory feed line for a return. Using Dennis and Strictly Diesel's 5/8 draw straw for a pickup in the tank. The return is routed all the way to the back of the tank.

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
It's definitely on the to do list.thought about going with the riffraff fxr system for awhile just to hold me over till I can get whole system.don't know if the riffraff be worth foolin with though.any thoughts?probably shoulda dun fuel system first thing.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I wouldn't go with the frx. Simple reason is it's a half azz regulated return that doesn't completely do the job. Just save that cash and do the hutch and harpoon mod with it.

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Kinda one of them get what ya pay for deals or buy once cry once.probally need to ****** fuel bowl anyways

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.