7.3 fuel rail plug size?

superpsd

Reaction score
Does anyone know the size on the rail end plugs. Looks kind of like a BSPP? Need to order some fitting to feed the end of the rails.

superpsd

Reaction score
Thank you. I see them now. It's a banjo plug I would have to modify them to allow feed from both rear and side ports. Spendy suckers...

superpsd

Reaction score
Well it's not that badly priced but it's a M12x1.5 banjo bolt adapter which many companies sell... They will not quite work for what I am trying to do anyways. I'm building a Mechanical/ Efuel setup. I'm leaving the mechanical fuel pump and adding a SD pump with its own feed on a pressure switch. I may just Y it outside the rail and run it all into the adapter. I will likely have to check valve both sides of the pumps anyhow.

Last edited:

old man dave

Reaction score
Well it's not that badly priced but it's a M12x1.5 banjo bolt adapter which many companies sell... They will not quite work for what I am trying to do anyways. I'm building a Mechanical/ Efuel setup. I'm leaving the mechanical fuel pump and adding a SD pump with its own feed on a pressure switch. I may just Y it outside the rail and run it all into the adapter. I will likely have to check valve both sides of the pumps anyhow.

You don't want to run two SD pumps, each feeding one rail or paralleling the two together?

The pressure swings of the mechanical pump would make me not want to use it since the pulsations would fool the pressure switch.

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
Well I do have two SD pumps but want to try to use one as a booster. It may not work so well or I may work ok. The mechanical has been reliable enough for me. At least if it does not work half of the efuel install would be done.

old man dave

Reaction score

DI's fuel rail plug doesn't use a banjo fitting which has a hard right angle to impede fuel flow. It has an AN-6 male tit on axially and then you use a close bend 90* AN-6 hose fitting to mate up. Wide sweep bend 90* fitting does not clear the firewall.

If you need check valves Aeroquip makes two, one AN-6 and the other is AN-10. Don't know if the SD pumps need a check valve, The FueLabs do, though.

superpsd

Reaction score
I have plenty of check valves around. However I forgot about that . The SD pump is said to be check valved. Makes life easier.

Latest posts

Members online