7.3 Headers

Duradan

Reaction score
Sometimes. I'll have ask David if we have any in stock.

Thing is, are you going be running headers with an OBS turbo or a D66?

What advantages are you truly looking at here?

I got an H2E turbo kit... is there any proven dyno records as to what these headers can do for the truck?

JMart

Reaction score
What advantages are you truly looking at here?

I got an H2E turbo kit... is there any proven dyno records as to what these headers can do for the truck?

I dont think you will notice a significant difference on the dyno, but you should notice faster spool ups in a street/race application.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Probably a little cooler since your spooling just a tit quicker.. And im sure they would be able to stand up to the heat considering gassers burn a substantial amount hotter than any of our diesels do regularly. Backpressure on the other hand may be some kind of an issue, but crack it reweld it good as new.

Duradan

Reaction score
That, along with maybe a cooler EGT reading?...:confused:

that is what I am looking for, with no intercooler my truck can get pretty toasty at the top end of the quarter mile... especially when I had hybrids in...

Gonna either get water/meth kit, or Intercooler, when funds suffice. ha

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
that is what I am looking for, with no intercooler my truck can get pretty toasty at the top end of the quarter mile... especially when I had hybrids in...

Gonna either get water/meth kit, or Intercooler, when funds suffice. ha

Im in the same boat...well kinda. Im gonna be getting stage 2s, 17* and tuning come next year. And I dont plan on getting intercooled till after the fuel. I am well aware of how hot it will be and I havent ruled out tuned down hybrids instead yet either. But headers would prolly be more expensive then intercooler. And I dont think the headers can reduce temp as good as a IC at all.

Duradan

Reaction score
Im in the same boat...well kinda. Im gonna be getting stage 2s, 17* and tuning come next year. And I dont plan on getting intercooled till after the fuel. I am well aware of how hot it will be and I havent ruled out tuned down hybrids instead yet either. But headers would prolly be more expensive then intercooler. And I dont think the headers can reduce temp as good as a IC at all.

ya, speaking from experience, I would get the hybrids if your gonna spend money on injectors, that way your not paying for hyrbrids later when you decide you want them and your out another grand or two...

and then get a 6 position chip and get custom tunes, maybe 3 that have the fuel turned down to your liking (dont blow a stock tranny) and 3 that are for those pos' on the road that you need to really smoke...

and I like the I/C for a more daily driver/towing a lot, but the water/meth will give you more HP and is a bit less pricey than a good I/C

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
ya, speaking from experience, I would get the hybrids if your gonna spend money on injectors, that way your not paying for hyrbrids later when you decide you want them and your out another grand or two...

and then get a 6 position chip and get custom tunes, maybe 3 that have the fuel turned down to your liking (dont blow a stock tranny) and 3 that are for those pos' on the road that you need to really smoke...

and I like the I/C for a more daily driver/towing a lot, but the water/meth will give you more HP and is a bit less pricey than a good I/C

Exacly my thoughts. Ill be going with beans sticks and thier tuning. When that time comes Ill give them a call and see whats best for me.

Only downfall that I can see with water meth is that at least with me I would be to prone to using it to much and either blow something up or have huge washer fluid bills LOL

Duradan

Reaction score
Exacly my thoughts. Ill be going with beans sticks and thier tuning. When that time comes Ill give them a call and see whats best for me.

Only downfall that I can see with water meth is that at least with me I would be to prone to using it to much and either blow something up or have huge washer fluid bills LOL

im just gonna buy the juice that snow perfomance sells, and use that for on the dyno or at the dragstrip... and run pure water on the street

Aljay

Reaction score
Probably a little cooler since your spooling just a tit quicker.. And im sure they would be able to stand up to the heat considering gassers burn a substantial amount hotter than any of our diesels do regularly. Backpressure on the other hand may be some kind of an issue, but crack it reweld it good as new.

Gassers run hotter than a diesel .....really only gasser I had run hotter was my 90 eclipse TURBO !

I havnt seen a gas motor make the heat a diesel does .

Irishcream

Reaction score
I agree, that's why diesels run cleaner. they Burn so much hotter than gassers. We got some new Internationals at the shop that run upwards of 2200 degrees.

RubberDuck

Reaction score
I put a set of SD headers on my OBS puller. I had to clearance the frame on the passenger side, and I had to add a joint to my steering shaft to clear the headers.

uncool

Reaction score
Please check your facts about gas VS. diesel running hotter.

My last gasser 468 BBC idled @ 650 degrees. On a full throttle run for SEVERAL miles, the 2000 degree EGT was pegged.

Try that in your diesel and tell me what happens.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I have heard several people tell me that gassers run hotter then diesels. Well some of them. I doubt my moms Impala gets hotter then my truck but thats different. With the RPMs some of the professional Gas powered racers, pullers, ect. run, It dont surprise me they can get 2000* +. My .02

Irishcream

Reaction score
we should compare apples to apples. The latest big rigs with Maxxforce Or DD15's running hotter than that 468bbc. So yah diesels run hotter.

smokedout250

Reaction score
I belive gassers run hotter... I have hualed hay with an old gas pot truck we had it loaded to the hill. By the time we made it to the drop the exhuast was turning red... never seen that on a diesel.. that's my. 02

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
we should compare apples to apples. The latest big rigs with Maxxforce Or DD15's running hotter than that 468bbc. So yah diesels run hotter.

Well I know on our 09 Cat C15 Acert twin turbo with DPF, EGR, and regen. that it even in regen barely makes it to 2000*<<< and thats rare. For the most part it stays cool. Only resaon it does get so hot is cuz the regen in passive. I dont know much bout the new DD15 as I do the Cats. But I doubt the DD15 gets much over 2k either. Ide have to research it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.