7.3 horrible fuel mileage

Powerstroker91

Reaction score
Well my 2000 f250 mpg seems to be extremely low went from 14-15 hand calc to 10mpg... the truck is always maintained and i change all the fluids before there even supposed to be changed im really particular about my trucks, new ebp tube and sensor, new fuel filter, oil, diff fluids, tranny fluid, always run fuel additives, hooked up ae and nothing seems to be wrong at all... Why is my mileage soo bad all of a sudden?

Powerstroker91

Reaction score
From what im seeing no fuel leak, nothing at the fuel bowl, none of the lines look wet, brakes recently replaced had a hanging caliper (front and rear), im puzzled.... The biggest problem is that it runs perfect and i dont know where to start, im getting good fuel pressure around 70psi at the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pullandpray

Reaction score
Did you just get chitty diesel? Letting it idle more than usual? I know mine drops pretty low in the cold months

Powerstroker91

Reaction score
Yeah i got auto enginuity but im not seeing anything out of the ordinary. Diesel fuel seems good. No running issues, starts with ease in the coldest weather here in PA, idles fine, runs perfect, doesnt have a tick.

Powerstroker91

Reaction score
Removed the tank it is solid, checked the seal on the sending unit, good connections fuel connections good.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Removed the tank it is solid, checked the seal on the sending unit, good connections fuel connections good.

how old is the airfilter? if absolutely nothing has changed then its not breathing right, has drive pressure leaks, or just flat out got bad fuel..

live life full throttle

Powerstroker91

Reaction score
The air filters a couple years old its a cat reusable i just blow air in it from the inside and clean it probably time for a new one.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Are your 4x4 hubs unlocked?

We recommend using the 6637 air intake on this site

Powerstroker91

Reaction score
The company i work for gives me filters if i need em, so i get the cat air filters for free! Cant beat it. Turbo fins are like new. Hubs are unlocked.

ghostriderblk

Reaction score
Yeah i got auto enginuity but im not seeing anything out of the ordinary. Diesel fuel seems good. No running issues, starts with ease in the coldest weather here in PA, idles fine, runs perfect, doesnt have a tick.

I'm in Bethlehem PA and the winter here has put a tole on my 140k 7.3 I moved from Florida so it's not used to it. My milage has dropped as well. I have 12.5 v at start up and 14.5 running so everything should be getting good voltage. I have exact same mods minus inj and Trans. my eps is clogged but I don't think I'll loose 5 mpgs from that. I replaced a fuel pump and hpop outside in January it sucked. Put a scanner on it see what your sensors say maybe a faulty sensor ?

Powerstroker91

Reaction score
I got nothing on ae... It runs like a top its just it doesnt seem to be getting the fuel milage it use to. My ole e99 6speed 7.3 with 5 bad injectors gets better fuel mileage lol. I still cant believe that thing still fires up... It runs like **** till warm but it runs lol

Latest posts

Members online