7.3 in 2011 superduty

Jason

Reaction score
^^^ currently?? My money still on the 7.3, i've yet to see anything 'bad ass' come fro. A 6.7, and live for a while at that level. Sht, look at Marty's truck..low-mid 11's in a ccsb 7.3 truck??? How many 6.7's are doing that? And Marty has been running pretty damn quick for a long while now..

Jarrod B

Reaction score
^^^ currently?? My money still on the 7.3, i've yet to see anything 'bad ass' come fro. A 6.7, and live for a while at that level. Sht, look at Marty's truck..low-mid 11's in a ccsb 7.3 truck??? How many 6.7's are doing that? And Marty has been running pretty damn quick for a long while now..

well 7.3s for a fact have forged rods. 6.7s dont. 6.7 hasnt been out long enough, 7.3 has been out since 94. most of the flaws have been addressed already and fixed.

but engine to engine, yes i know you can get a 7.3 on the cheap now cause its so damn old and plentiful. but a 7.3 puts 215-225 at the crank stock and 6.7 400 at the crank. to get a 7.3 to bump up to 400+ hp you are already looking at turbo, injectors, fuel setup, hpop. that right there is over $4k. a 6.7 just needs a custom tuner and is over 500hp for 1k(before epa jacked up prices). hell my 6.0 took one hot tune to put 400 at the wheel and that only cost me $350 from a stock 325hp at crank. point is 7.3 isnt fesable these days to mess with and already gone the way of the dodo and idi days.... and 12v days. the people who hold on to 12v/7.3s are still stuck on the mentality that they are reliable( in which they are but slow as ****)(ive owned 3 so i know) and the cost isn't justifiable to make them go faster. yall just need to get with the times and get newer if you want power. instead of making a turd shiny.

JMart

Reaction score
I don't get how this turned into a 7.3 vs 6.7 thread. The op said nothing about a 6.7. Bunch of no reading mfers in here.

Jason

Reaction score
My '02 was 250hp..i'll get a pic later, I'm not around the truck.

Good hpop, basic mods, good tunes....say it does 320rw..that's pretty damn close to what a 6.7 does at the crank stock for stock...well, advertised numbers anyhow. I'm not arguing this, I wouldn't chos a diesel to build and go fast with anyhow..i'm just sayin it doesn't take some huge elaborate recipe to make what a 6.7, even tuned does. My junk is at stock power, stock exhaust...it's slow...but I don't ***'n care...I am just saying this elitest attitude some people carry needs to be checked at the door.

Jason

Reaction score
My '02 was 250, it was an automatic. It's not like people are claiming 300 stock...it's 25 f'n hp...lack of catalyst and different ecm's could be the reason.

Jarrod B

Reaction score
That's what I was wondering. Cause for awhile the calli trucks had different programming. Were the obs trucks in calli with split shots still rated at 215?

Lethalthreat7.3

Reaction score
The vc on my truck states 250hp @ 2700rpm. The 7.3 was a proven platform and since Ford has put out three other engines, each having their own issues.
Each engine can be built but cost is a factor with most of us.
A newer model engine and truck would be great, the cost to buy one, not so much.
My 7.3 will do anything I ask of it climbing our hills(Rockies) without any issues at all other than having to back out of it because of all the slow slugs in the way.
Imho if You have a rolling chassis to include the wiring harnesses and ecu's, a power-train configuration will work in any vehicle as long as the computer can see all sensors and the harness is wired properly it will work in anything.

ToMang07

Reaction score
My '02 was 250hp..i'll get a pic later, I'm not around the truck.

Good hpop, basic mods, good tunes....say it does 320rw..that's pretty damn close to what a 6.7 does at the crank stock for stock...well, advertised numbers anyhow. I'm not arguing this, I wouldn't chos a diesel to build and go fast with anyhow..i'm just sayin it doesn't take some huge elaborate recipe to make what a 6.7, even tuned does. My junk is at stock power, stock exhaust...it's slow...but I don't ***'n care...I am just saying this elitest attitude some people carry needs to be checked at the door.

EngineInfo.jpg

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
I'm all for doing stuff that hasn't been done... but if you have to ask if something will work on a project like this then you are already in over your head.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
well 7.3s for a fact have forged rods. 6.7s dont. 6.7 hasnt been out long enough, 7.3 has been out since 94. most of the flaws have been addressed already and fixed.

but engine to engine, yes i know you can get a 7.3 on the cheap now cause its so damn old and plentiful. but a 7.3 puts 215-225 at the crank stock and 6.7 400 at the crank. to get a 7.3 to bump up to 400+ hp you are already looking at turbo, injectors, fuel setup, hpop. that right there is over $4k. a 6.7 just needs a custom tuner and is over 500hp for 1k(before epa jacked up prices). hell my 6.0 took one hot tune to put 400 at the wheel and that only cost me $350 from a stock 325hp at crank. point is 7.3 isnt fesable these days to mess with and already gone the way of the dodo and idi days.... and 12v days. the people who hold on to 12v/7.3s are still stuck on the mentality that they are reliable( in which they are but slow as ****)(ive owned 3 so i know) and the cost isn't justifiable to make them go faster. yall just need to get with the times and get newer if you want power. instead of making a turd shiny.

I agree with the hp in this post but 90percent of 7.3s need injectors and turbos by now anyway, replace them and good for another 200,000. A 6.7 with a bad regen and there goes a motor run bad fuel theres close to 5000 in replaceing the whole fuel system and flush if not even more. If I would ge ta new 6.7 the truck would stay stock no need for more than 400hp on my end I have a 6.4 im building for that I am wanting reliablity not go fast. a 7.3 with 175cc injectors and a wicked wheel with studded top an dbottom end with a fresh reuild is the ticket. A solid work truck that never says no to anything or even a MIL light shel start and keep kicking clean down to 4 cylinders firing. My boss has a 6.7 that s a hot shot the truck has 63000 on it and had 3 motors 4 turbos and is tuned slightly it works every day hard and beat on bad. We have several 7.3s and they are still stock injectors with 200,000 on them. The new motors are yes built to have hp and run good but once the abuse starts and neglect of most everyday companys the new motors dont stand up to 7.3s. I know guys with 12vs that havent changed the oil in 50,000 and run rotela t non synthetic oil. Every one has a good point tho in this thread

Latest posts

Members online