7.3 no power

nasty6.6

Reaction score
Hey guys something is up with the old 7.3. Truck will run fine one minute and then act up out of the blue for a while then will be ok. It has no power at all when it acts up, running down the highway @ 70 it will just start slowing down and you can give it gas and nothing, no smoke and you can hear the turbo pitch change when trying to give if fuel and rpmsstay constent so clutch isnt slipping... down shift and rpms jump up truck still slows and wont accelerate this will continue until stopped. Then it will be fine for a whille and then will act up again.

edge tuner
38r with ww2
stock inj and hpop 245xxx miles and icp sensor does have a small leak/seep not oil dripping out; hpx crossover is leaking new line on order.

I have read a bunch of threads about similar issues but nothing like this. or they say throw a set of 250/100s at it with a new hpop and see what happens... but any help is appreciated!

raptor

Reaction score
sounds a bit like what happend to me and it was the tps or throttle position sensor on the pedal but without a scanner cant be for sure if you know someone with a auto enginuity scanner you can check it out to be sure

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
do you still have the ebpv? does it smoke more or less when in the throttle trying to get rpm's built back up? any other odd sounds? hows battery voltage? does it still do it without the edge crap on it?

what raptor said too.....

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ive seen my fuel pressure gauge read 0 before and power felt the same as long as i didnt hold it there.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
im by no means arguing with ya joe, im just stating that anything is possible with these ol finicky biches! without a gauge i would have never noticed it and prolly destroyed my injectors.

live life full throttle

nasty6.6

Reaction score
Well when it acted up i could give it gas and the rpms would act accordingly so im ruling out the tps and no smoke at all during this... truck pretty much for the lack of better words has no balls when this happens.

ebpv is gone

Yes I am going to get better tunes just waiting had to do both hubs, gearbox, pitman arm, along with all the other front end junk inc springs. This truck was falling apart when i bought it from a guy in east tx. Clutch is next then tuner but shet a dd is $1700... I paid 10k for the truck and ill have 10 in fixing it before to long! BUT i will either use dp or php.

I am going to order strictlys tank mod bc i have a filling the shock is plugged up in tank. That might have been the driven kit im thinking about.

Hooking the scanner up this afternoon.

nasty6.6

Reaction score
sorry that did sound confusing. The rpms drop with speed accordingly so when you down shift the rpm jumps up then go down as the truck slows until stopped, when the clutch is not engaged it will rev till red line no problem once its in gear it has no power.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
When this happens does it respond to throttle input with the clutch disengaged or in neutral? As in, if you put it in neutral without stopping will the rpm's jump when you give it fuel?

nasty6.6

Reaction score
Well I found my problem! The rubber hose going to the map sensor was cut/cracked and only acted up when building more then 10lbs of boost and it would fall on its face. So it never acted up until under a heavy load like getting on the highway.

I found it after I put 10lbs of air pressure on the intake side of the system.

only thing I can think is I pulled the 38r to install a ww2 and when I did this I cut the line on accident... SELF INFLICTED PAIN...

Latest posts

Members online