• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

7.3 P&P heads

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
2k total miles on brand new heads

mild porting and polish.

Hypermax kit installed on them and they are coated on top to shed oil better than stock.

Someone tell me what they are worth, ive got no idea!

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I have a set in my possession that I want rid of. They have been sitting wrapped in plastic for like 6 months now, and i dont think im going much further with the 7.3 platform.
The 6.4 fund starts now

If anyone has a legit offer send it my way in a PM or something

pontiacross

Reaction score
hypermax valve springs ? or is that somethimng else?

dose it have stock valves

who did the work and have they been flow tested?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
hypermax valve springs ? or is that somethimng else?

dose it have stock valves

who did the work and have they been flow tested?
I wasnt the original owner and I have never ran them. They still look brand new though
I dont have the original specs, but I know its a stage 1 port and polish that South Houstan Engine builders did. David Lott might know more about what is typically done.

The valves are stock i believe, but im going to check them when i get home.

Big Bore

Reaction score
I wasnt the original owner and I have never ran them. They still look brand new though
I dont have the original specs, but I know its a stage 1 port and polish that South Houstan Engine builders did. David Lott might know more about what is typically done.

The valves are stock i believe, but im going to check them when i get home.

What is the "Hypermax kit"?

Why were they only run for 2 months?

Do you have any pics of the runners and valves?

Did South Houston do ALL the work on the heads?

Is there any way to get correspondence with the original owner?

Does Lott have personal knowledge of theses heads, or just the shop that did the work?

Not sniping your heads, just identifying the unknowns that someone interested, like me, is going to want to know before dropping significant coin.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
What is the "Hypermax kit"?

Why were they only run for 2 months?

Do you have any pics of the runners and valves?

Did South Houston do ALL the work on the heads?

Is there any way to get correspondence with the original owner?

Does Lott have personal knowledge of theses heads, or just the shop that did the work?

Not sniping your heads, just identifying the unknowns that someone interested, like me, is going to want to know before dropping significant coin.
Yes i know the original owner quite well actually, no problem there.

I am going to call south houstan and ask what they generally do, the original owner was not really sure because ALL the work was done at South Houstan and then the motor was shipped to him.

I was mistaken on the amount of time the heads were ran, they were bolted to the block for 2 years and have exactly 8,000 miles on them. The reason we pulled them is the engine decided to spit a rod out both sides of the block.

I can get you any pictures you want, let me know what pictures you need and will get them. I have one valve removed right now for good pictures

Big Bore

Reaction score
Yes i know the original owner quite well actually, no problem there.

I am going to call south houstan and ask what they generally do, the original owner was not really sure because ALL the work was done at South Houstan and then the motor was shipped to him.

I was mistaken on the amount of time the heads were ran, they were bolted to the block for 2 years and have exactly 8,000 miles on them. The reason we pulled them is the engine decided to spit a rod out both sides of the block.

I can get you any pictures you want, let me know what pictures you need and will get them. I have one valve removed right now for good pictures

Oh it's one of those SH engines. Just be aware, if it wasn't spec'ed out by Lott, then it's not the same specs as Lott would have/get from SH.

Is the Hypermax kit the Hi Rev valve springs?

If you have a valve out already then a pic of the runner looking in from the valve seat, and then the ports from intake and exhaust sides showing the porting would be great, thanks.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Oh it's one of those SH engines. Just be aware, if it wasn't spec'ed out by Lott, then it's not the same specs as Lott would have/get from SH.

Is the Hypermax kit the Hi Rev valve springs?

If you have a valve out already then a pic of the runner looking in from the valve seat, and then the ports from intake and exhaust sides showing the porting would be great, thanks.

Yeah im going to do my best on the pictures!

No it was not affiliated with Lott at all, the motor was built by SH and blown up not long after haha

Price is up in the air, id like them gone but ive been holding them for awhile so im not just going to give them away. I am trying to see what they are worth from some people that know more than I

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Talked to South Houstan. For this set of heads they charge right around $1500.

Ill do $600

The springs are stronger than a 910, basically set up for a mild performance cam. The heads are coated like i mentioned.

And what they call a stage 1 port and polish job, he didnt have much info on the port and polish but he verified it definitely was done to these heads.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.