7.3 P1212 code, no start.

NRHX2009

Reaction score
01 7.3, cruising down the highway, hit cruise controll and truck shuts off. Still have power, engine just shut off.

Wont re start. Checked fuses, changed IPR, changed IDM. Still no start.

Tach works, so cps should be fine
Wait to start light works, so pcm should be fine

Any suggestions? P1212 icp pressure not at desired level is the only code that shows up after clearing codes.

Could that code just be from engine not cranking fast enough without starting?

NRHX2009

Reaction score
Its a full rr with deleted fuel bowl. Says i have fuel pressure, i may unhook a return line out of fuel rail to assure fuel is there. I have 3/4 tank full.

Also, not a drop of fuel smoke while cranking.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
that should be sufficient pressure to start it and the condition should improve after the engine cools if it is a hpo issue

you can either narrow it down by blocking one hpop line at a time or just pull the valve covers and look for gushing injector orings. could even be the center orings but the fuel filter would be black and it would be low on oil.
if no problem found after dead heading the hpop then suspect a failed pump.

NRHX2009

Reaction score
Well I suspected IDM at first. Did an injector buzz test, all buzzed during test, but results said, IDM failure and 2,4,6,8 failed test. Changed out IDM, AE says test successful. But still doesnt start. I'll check the oil again, fuel leaving the heads, after that I guess I'll yank the valve covers for inspection.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
Under the clamp near the body of the injector.
(The upper orings)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

MossBack

Reaction score
One thing I have seen but truck wouldn't run was a friend changed his hpop and didn't tighten the bolt on the gear... Maybe this loosened up on you? It is a stretch but maybe worth checking...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online