7.3 Powerstroke Cam

Reaction score
I am looking to put a new upgraded cam in my motor i am building and i just don't really know which i should go with. i know with the the bigger cams you have to fly cut the pistons and what not but i am not worried about having that done.

:shrug:

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Keep the stock cam, Or talk to Matt@Gearhead and go with his stage 1

Gives the truck a bit more umph down low and breathes a bit better up top. All in all I believe you pick up a couple hundred rpm usable powerband.

No piston reliefs required, just valve shims

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Keep the stock cam, Or talk to Matt@Gearhead and go with his stage 1

Gives the truck a bit more umph down low and breathes a bit better up top. All in all I believe you pick up a couple hundred rpm usable powerband.

No piston reliefs required, just valve shims
:whs: Wide Open also makes a good cam. But if you have money to spend elsewhere the stocker will do just fine.

Reaction score
I have WOP head studs, push rods,valve springs, fire rings, intake plenums, girdle and main studs, and my block is bore 0.020 bored over with custom ceramic coated mahle pistons and i was just wondering if anyone out there sold a good replacement cam besides WOP

I would like to hear from guys that run a cam with their trucks

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Yes. WOP did during the build. Intake and exhaust. Most applications rarely need exhaust porting. Intake side is where you'll pickup the most gains

JDub

Reaction score
Let us know if we can help, have yet to hear a poor review or response from a customer running our performance camshaft, whether it be a competition or street motor. It does require piston machining, if you'd like to send your pistons to use, we'd be happy to cut them to our specs to run this camshaft.

94youngturbo

Reaction score
did you end up putting a cam in your truck? i was wondering if you thought i was worth the money and if you would do it again.

Reaction score
I got a sled pulling cam for my new truck but the motor has not been built yet. Ive ridden in a truck with a a gear head cam and it had a hard pull from 1700 to 3700

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.