7.3 PSD Bronco swap questions

DieselFreak92

Reaction score
I did some research into this but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. I'm mostly wondering what will need to be modified to do a full swap.

For the suspension... What needs modifying to bolt in a sterling with my 350 springs?
Will all the cross members work with the engine/trans?
Is the steering column and gear box the same?

THats all I can think for now. Ill post more questions as they come. Thank you

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Front leafs on a Bronco frame is a big project. You have to build front spring hangers which involves lopping off the accordian section and building the frame ends from scratch.

crossmember is the same, steering box is the same.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
The F150/Bronco frame horns are entirely different than the F250/F350. Note the "accordion" sections.

picture.jpg

F150/Bronco

new005.jpg

F250/350

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Too easy to do coil springs on the front, going leaf springs would be going backwards.

Bronco/7.3 PSD conversion done right, not cheap makes for an incredibly fun daily driver.

Diesel_Brad

Reaction score
F150/bronco front frame horns need to be cut off and F250/f350 horns welded on to run leaf springs. I would add pic but photobucket is down

The F150/bronco TTB is adequate at best for a 1/2 ton, adding a 1000lb diesel to it will do it no good.

You could use a 78/79 D44 with the coil springs. (I may go this route)

But my donor truck is a 2000, so I am probably going to with a custom RSK and the SD axles unless someone has a simple fix to make my leaf spring axles into coil spring ones

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online