7.3 ran out of fuel..no start.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Buddy ran his 7.3 out of fuel , said it was between e and 1/8 and sputterd then died And now it won't start. I'm gonna head over in the morning and see if I can help. Any tricks getting the air out of the system? He's not real bright. Same kid who drilled a hole in his compressor housing to get more whistle...

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I had this happen once, pull the fuel filter cap to, when it fills up just cap it and crank, probably won't start the first time but make sure you keep it from continuing to let air get into it.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
K so... Fuel filter off bowl won't fill up, what are the chancee of fuel pump burning up because of this ? He said its only a few months old

sent while trying not to JJ My rods!!!!!!

Denver

Reaction score
Cycle the key 5 times for 30 seconds each time. It will start but run rough. Hold the throttle at 1200 rpm for a couple minutes.

Arisley

Reaction score
The bowl will not fill with the cap off. There is a valve in the stand pipe that stops the fuel. Just cycle the pump a couple times.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

Dantheman

Reaction score
I believe the pump will only run for 20 seconds without starting. I loosen the cap on the filter turn the key on and watch the air bubbles. When fuel comes out tighten the cap and cycle the key a couple more times and start. It will run without the fuel pump if the air is out just not good.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.