7.3 regulated return?

zombie-obs-raising

Reaction score
OK my question is can u keep the factory fuel bowl and have the regulated return? And if so what would be the pro's and con's. I will be putting the super duty pump with dual filters on it down the road. O and hi this is only my second post on here. Lol

markfuga

Reaction score
Do a google search for "obs tightwad mod" With that mod you keep the FPR only from the side of the fuel bowl. The OBS fuel bowl is not designed for ~60 PSI so it's not a safe way to go. I would wait to install the electric pump until you have a pair of filters and then do the tightwad mod. The mod describes the return portion of the system so you still need to create the distribution part. Usually the banjo on the back of the fuel pump is retained as part of the distribution system.

m j

Reaction score
there is a youtube video where an old guy uses the factory bowl with an efuel setup. I have not seen a failed fuelbowl

superpsd

Reaction score
Ditching the fuel bowl is the way to go. You eliminate future leak points and gain access to work on the hpop and IPR. I went with an aeromotive regulator. The cheap wad mod does not give you quick adjustment and is only saving a few bucks. I just ran the oem return lines to the regulator and a chunk of hose from the return side of the regulator to the return line. 2 fittings orb to JIC and 1 orb to nipple. Chunk of hose and two hose clamps and return is done. If you are keeping the mechanical fuel pump for now you can just replace the fuel bowl with a 4770 filter base/ filter seperator/ and 10' of hose and 4 clamps. No drilling needed the 4770 base bolts onto the fender as seen below with existing holes.
IMAG1890_1_zpsund2h18q.jpg

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
I would use an aftermarket reg and filter bases and toss all the factory junk
or leave it stock. stock can be a complete SD swap

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
You cannot put 65psi into the obs fuel bowl. It must be removed or swapped to a SD fuel bowl but why?? Remove it and put better filters down on the frame rail.

Lookin into the marty's diesel kit. It's the most complete kit out there for the price and comes with a lifetime pump warranty

Last edited:

superpsd

Reaction score
because of the gooberment and the issues with newer rigs and emitions...that word gets companies in deep water

zombie-obs-raising

Reaction score
Thanks everyone I think I will leave it stock for now till I get all the parts then just do it all in one day. I have to get the truck first. I am buying a wrecked 97 f350 for 3grand then I am pitting my 1995 cab on the frame. Just waiting on my tax return!!

zombie-obs-raising

Reaction score
Not to change the thread topic but will I have any problems when I put my 95 cab on a 97 frame? The 95 is stick and the 97 is auto I am putting the stick in the 97 as well both trucks are supercab long bed 4wd.I also have to use the staring column out of the 97 for my 95 cab will have I have any problems there? (I am using the left overs to make my 1994 f150 short bed a power stroke to that should be fun it will be a 4wd to��)

Krause

Reaction score
The frames are the same if they were both ext cab. Use the search function or google and do some reading. There are answers to these types of questions many times over. 100's of efuel and frame configuration threads out there already typed up. Good luck with your swap.

Lt.Dan

Reaction score
I did a really easy write up on PSN a little over a year ago on how to replace the fuel bowl and use an aftermarket remote filter. Really easy to do.
http://www.powerstrokenation.com/fo...info/428554-easy-fuel-bowl-******-w-pics.html

I also did a full write up on my E-fuel with Mark F's fuel system and stock SD pump. The efuel systems tend to scare people off, when its actaully pretty simple if you know how the fuel system works.
http://www.powerstrokenation.com/fo...e-technical-info/431345-my-efuel-buildup.html

Latest posts

Members online