7.3 running rough

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
Dad's truck bearly started this morning running really rough with a couple of codes p1298 IDM failure p0264 cylinder 2 injector circuit low.
I ran a few tests with my Auto Enginuiety. With the buzz test the exact codes eappeared. When I cleared the codes, the truck runs smooth as glass. Thinking about changing the valve cover gaskets and injector harnesses, but I'm not sure.

The truck has always run flawless for 220k. Mostly stock aside from an old TS chip, intake and Exhaust
I come from 6.4 land so I'm pretty rusty on 7.3s
Any help would be appreciated!

ghohouston

Reaction score
Dad's truck bearly started this morning running really rough with a couple of codes p1298 IDM failure p0264 cylinder 2 injector circuit low.
I ran a few tests with my Auto Enginuiety. With the buzz test the exact codes eappeared. When I cleared the codes, the truck runs smooth as glass. Thinking about changing the valve cover gaskets and injector harnesses, but I'm not sure.

The truck has always run flawless for 220k. Mostly stock aside from an old TS chip, intake and Exhaust
I come from 6.4 land so I'm pretty rusty on 7.3s
Any help would be appreciated!

I'd check the engine harness where it plugs into the valve covers for burnt pins. Beyond that, you can ohm out the uvch's, but that still doesn't tell you if the clips have broken under the valve cover (s). I always just pull the valve covers. Only takes 10-15 minutes, on a hot engine. If all that checks out, it's that injector.

Last edited:

6.4 Stroker

Reaction score
I'd check the engine harness where it plugs into the valve covers for burnt pins. Beyond that, you can ohm out the uvch's, but that still doesn't tell you if the clips have broken under the valve cover (s). I always just pull the valve covers. Only takes 10-15 minutes, on a hot engine. If all that checks out, it's that injector.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 20150623_173121.jpg
    20150623_173121.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 52

Latest posts

Members online