7.3 runs horrible after a decent drive.

hucorey

Reaction score
Not yet, he had a load booked and needed to get going. One will be installed, but he also has filters installed on his tank in the bed that direct feed the oem tank.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ja_cain

Reaction score
Awesome thread. Maybe I missed it, but did you say FP was verified normal when it was acting up? I'm trying to wrap my brain around this unless all the nonsense in the tank was introducing air. I guess if the screens were that plugged then the amount of suction produced could introduce air somewhere further up the line that isn't immersed in fuel.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mandkole

Reaction score
He did say it was good when it was checked (I think at idle). Hard to imagine with that pickup looking that way you'd see good pressure with any demand. good troubleshooting thread.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Crazily at 245k i dropped my tank and there were 5pieces of grass stuck to the pickup foot but the tank was soarkling clean. Which was really odd because the fuel bowl had enough dirt in it to plant potatoes.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Crazily at 245k i dropped my tank and there were 5pieces of grass stuck to the pickup foot but the tank was soarkling clean. Which was really odd because the fuel bowl had enough dirt in it to plant potatoes.
did you ever see the chit that was caught in the foot of the tank on my dually? pretty much plugged solid withe metal shavings.. evidently the dip**** owners before me that had a homemade aluminum fuel tank in the bed never flushed it out and it made it into the oem tank and suctioned to the pickup foot.. killed a couple fuel pumps before I dropped it to clean it out and do the 5/8s draw straw..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

hucorey

Reaction score
I forgot my password, so it's been awhile since I logged in.

No, I didn't verify fuel at idle and didn't see it as necessary since it takes incredibly little fuel to idle.

POTATOES!!!!

When Tiger Woods was doing well, there was a guy in the crowd that followed him and yelled potato right after ever Tee shot. Ugh...the useless info that sticks in my brain.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online