7.3 = SAE 2 bolt housing???

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

the trans side is sae #2. yes your technically correct,however not any sae #2 bell will work.

it has to be for the 7.3 specifically,due to the engine side being specific to the engine itself.

i think i still have one in storage.

pontiacross

Reaction score
you can order a 444e one from international
or get a used one out of a school bus or ih truck

Buffalo444

Reaction score

02BigD

Reaction score
Is that air shift for range selection?

I would imagine with no trailer it would be like bob tailing with a 9 spd big truck and you could start off 4th or 5th?

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Is that air shift for range selection?

I would imagine with no trailer it would be like bob tailing with a 9 spd big truck and you could start off 4th or 5th?

Anywhere from 3rd to 5th depending on rear end.

From what I see it has a range lever, don't know if its on air or not.

Reaction score
yes the high/low is air shifted and yes you can get the rear structure flywheel and clutch from international. your also gonna need to get cross shafts and a fork. and gonna have to figure out how to rig up a linkage to the cross shafts

Buffalo444

Reaction score
Having a hard enough time sourcing the trans. Figure once I do that, I'll be able to find the other other parts needed.

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I am working on the same thing. I have been trying to find the bell housing that you listed for a few weeks now.

I am working on putting a Roadranger trans behind it and wanna run a trans with "double overdrive" or 2 gears higher than direct. That will give me the capability to down shift in between what is offered if I stick with the zf-6. Going to stuff the whole package into a international 4600 lp chassis.

Buffalo444

Reaction score
I am working on the same thing. I have been trying to find the bell housing that you listed for a few weeks now.

I am working on putting a Roadranger trans behind it and wanna run a trans with "double overdrive" or 2 gears higher than direct. That will give me the capability to down shift in between what is offered if I stick with the zf-6. Going to stuff the whole package into a international 4600 lp chassis.

Really, overdrive is only relative. If you find a trans with a 1st (non-creeper) gear significantly lower than the ZF 6, than you can gear higher than you had combined with the ZF 6 and essentially have a Double OD.

Latest posts

Members online