7.3 tow tunes

Stroker#66

Reaction score
I'm running beans and the throttle response is real weird and hard to drive on any tune but stock with a load note I'm running 250/200s with a manual

Bigsexy

Reaction score
I'm in colorado and run Cales tunes. I have not pulled 12k but I have pulled close to 10k up some steep grades and my truck usually see's about 1400.

Denver

Reaction score
Are you in the Denver area, as your screen name suggests? Elevation here and heavy towing with aggressive tuning and stock turbo can get hot fast. I'm still dialing in my combo as we speak, I use Tony Wildman, and love his tuning, but he is hard as hell to communicate with for certain understood reasons. I have used Beans before and his tunes great on the street empty with stock turbo and stage1's but the tunes were hot towing. I'm sure he would have fixed it for me but, I changed the truck combo and tunes anyways. I have not tried the others.

I'm in Southern California. What I'm running into with a heavy tow tune with a 12K 5th wheel behind the truck its EGT is 1100-1300 and ECT is 210-225 on flat ground and I'm taking it easy. Small 3 mile 6% hills it starts to over heat and you can smell it cooking and I'm going 35-40 mph. If I had to pull the I-15 I probably wouldn't make it up the hill. On the stock file I can pull a 6% grade all day full throttle and it runs 1100 EGT and ECT of 225 maintaining 40 mph. I'm thinking of getting a superchips or leaving it stock. The reason I say superchips is because my brother has a SC on his 99 and it works surprisingly well.

Rupp250

Reaction score
I have Gearheads tunes, 33x13.5 tires, stock height, intake, exhaust, everything else stock, pulling 10-12k up Cuesta Grade( 7%, Hwy 101 right outside San Luis Obispo) in 85 degree temps and I saw a max of 1150 degrees. I hit the bottom at 70 and peaked the top at 42. WOT the whole way. This is in the tow tune.

Denver

Reaction score
I have Gearheads tunes, 33x13.5 tires, stock height, intake, exhaust, everything else stock, pulling 10-12k up Cuesta Grade( 7%, Hwy 101 right outside San Luis Obispo) in 85 degree temps and I saw a max of 1150 degrees. I hit the bottom at 70 and peaked the top at 42. WOT the whole way. This is in the tow tune.

My truck has the same mods as yours. How do you like the shifting?

Denver

Reaction score
Another thing I would like to note is that I'm not out to be the fastest up the hills or the 1st one to get to where I'm going. All that I'm looking for is a bit more passing power and to be able to maintain 65 on flat ground in OD and not have it shift back and forth.

Rupp250

Reaction score
I'm real happy with the tunes and the shifting. I can pull 65 if I want and the trans doesn't hunt for the correct gear. I pull past many trucks running up the hills that seem to have about the same or less load than myself. Windows up and with the A/C on too.

CGMKCM

Reaction score
I have PHP tunes including 80t and 60t. Both tunes shift really smooth and have no problems maintaining EGTs. I tow around 10k flatland and some steep grades but so far, nothing over 4000ft elevation.

Latest posts

Members online