7.3 trans issue

Quinton

Reaction score
Hello, today my trans took a dump. It's been shifting a little hard into overdrive past month. Going down the highway and heard pop noise and truck slowed like it got in a bind. When I put it in reverse it is like you are on the brake and then truck dies when you give it gas. Left it at that. Overdrive light blinks on and off. Just curious to it y'all think it's the convertor or internal. Am I able to use a v2 (efilive) to read the codes?

GRT

Reaction score
What year? Sometimes when there's no clutch material left in the forward drum and because it has been slipping it fuses together the steels and clutches so when you put it in reverse your fighting forward.

GRT

Reaction score
Blinking OD light most likely slip condition which would explain binding feeling. Fused forward drum. Forward drum is engaged in all forward gear except reverse, which could explain the binding once you put it in reverse. The steels and clutches in the forward drum get so hot from slipping, they fuse together to the forward ring gear. I'm guessing but that's what it sounds like.

Latest posts

Members online