• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

7.3's are going for gold!!!

Blacksmokin22

Reaction score
i dont understand why the 99-03 7.3s are join for the price of gold?!? i know they are great motors but 300k+ miles asking 14000$ its just insane!!

Blacksmokin22

Reaction score
lol i know right then they get pissy if you offer anything lower. or tell them the bank won't loan that amount.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
I played the 7.3 game longer than most and dumped way to much $ into it chasing hp and trophies.
Realized it was an uphill battle with old technology for the direction I was wanting.

Plain work trucks, yes their hard to beat.
But toys for sleds and strips? Not so much

OBS73

Reaction score
Shoot, here in California people are trying to get 12k for salvage title 7.3. I gave up trying to find one to move to after my OBS and settled for a well maintained 6.0 for half the price.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, no shti. It is what it is. Dont buy them if they cost too much. And who goes to a bank to buy a truck that left production 12 years ago?

A 2010 that has a ton of stuff on it will be outside the loan amount a bank will "allow". When bank tells you that its a nice way of saying "your finances arent conducive to borrowing this money". They have to.make sure when you cant make.payments they can flip it for the payoff amount easily.

superpsd

Reaction score
Up here clean 4x4 obs trucks go for 3-6k for an average truck. 5-10k for SD trucks. A lot more for lower mileaged clean modded trucks.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Up here clean 4x4 obs trucks go for 3-6k for an average truck. 5-10k for SD trucks. A lot more for lower mileaged clean modded trucks.

I have yet to see that around the puget sound area. They are going for gold around the sound. I see 100k mile 7.3's going for 25k!

Just went with a friend to look at a 03 7.3 that had 225k, fairly clean but they wanted 19k and wouldn't back down much on their price.

superpsd

Reaction score
Well yes lower mileage trucks bring more dollars but once there over 250k the price drops quite a bit. I bought my OBS years ago for 4k for my 4x4 ECLB. I have seen a few nice OBS trucks under 6k on CL around here.

cbf9703

Reaction score
Shoot, here in California people are trying to get 12k for salvage title 7.3. I gave up trying to find one to move to after my OBS and settled for a well maintained 6.0 for half the price.

Damn California... y'all also punch holes in perfectly good 7.3 blocks that the rest of us could use, just to appease the smog board or WTF it is you call it. :slap:

I have yet to see that around the puget sound area. They are going for gold around the sound. I see 100k mile 7.3's going for 25k! Just went with a friend to look at a 03 7.3 that had 225k, fairly clean but they wanted 19k and wouldn't back down much on their price.

Maybe I should bring a truck (or two) around there and unload mine... then I could actually afford a newer one! :D

I see fairly clean 7.3s for $5-$10k, just depending on mileage and sometimes they'll pop up on CL for $3-$5k when people just give up on them.

adamcook7_3

Reaction score
There's a ext cab short bed f250 7.3 lariat at a dealership in my town with 80,000 miles for 15000. I thought that was reasonable. No rust either

bruce

Reaction score
When I get ready to sell mine I'll prolly start it at 16,500. 01 with 127k, ecsb, 4x4, lariat, that has been put back to stock. Still has a bts with around 30k in it though.

Enoch

Reaction score
I've been looking for an Excursion for some time now. The 7.3's 4wd's are usually close to double book value.
They stay for sale for awhile. I'm guessing it's because a lot of banks won't loan on 9+ yr old trucks and the ones that do their loan value is essentially trade-in value. Plus 7% apr with good credit.
So IMO not a lot of people have $7-$10k laying around or willing to put down on top of a 3 yr loan. So they sit on CL for months, at least from what I've noticed. I've been looking for a few months and still see most of the Excursions with the 7.3's still still for sale.
The 2 I looked at that was close to book were sold.
There are a few decently price F250's with the 7.3 which is better because they actually book for more and loan value is more.
I've heard people say market value is different than book, may be true, but the reality is banks do not loan on or go by "market value".
They do not care. lol

Last edited:

cbf9703

Reaction score
I've been looking for an Excursion for some time now. The 7.3's 4wd's are usually close to double book value.
They stay for sale for awhile. I'm guessing it's because a lot of banks won't loan on 9+ yr old trucks and the ones that do their loan value is essentially trade-in value. Plus 7% apr with good credit.
So IMO not a lot of people have $7-$10k laying around or willing to put down on top of a 3 yr loan. So they sit on CL for months, at least from what I've noticed. I've been looking for a few months and still see most of the Excursions with the 7.3's still still for sale.
The 2 I looked at that was close to book were sold.
There are a few decently price F250's with the 7.3 which is better because they actually book for more and loan value is more.
I've heard people say market value is different than book, may be true, but the reality is banks do not loan on or go by "market value".
They do not care. lol

IMO market value is based on a lot of factors, but if you're talking about excursions a lot of it seems to be supply and demand and what has value to you. I was looking about 5 years ago and honestly the prices haven't changed much since then. It took me about a year to find mine (4wd loaded 7.3) and I just got lucky... I was using searchtempest to view a 500 mile radius. A guy listed one on CL one afternoon, I called him within a couple hours of it being posted and met him first thing the next morning (he was 200 miles one-way). From the time I called to when I met him, he said he had 5 other people offer to come get it that night because he was asking about book value. I'm just lucky that he was decent enough to wait on me to get there. I got mine for about $9k, cash-in-hand when I was seeing them for two and three times as much on lots and on CL. I've passed on plenty of good deals that were far under market and book value, including 2wd 6L excursions because the value just wasn't there for me.

BTW, good luck with the whole bank thing... I try to avoid that route whenever I can.

Hansel

Reaction score
There was someone on E-bay motors selling a 7.3L for $39,999

They stated that the truck had only 155.5 miles, yes only 155.5 miles.

Now that is crazy, lets sell the truck 14yrs later for a profit:lookaround:

Latest posts

Members online