70 hp injectors in a 2000 7.3?

Bean

Reaction score
Tranny savers are really only for 94-97the trucks and give them a bump in fuel but hopefully not so much it rips the tranny out. Since your stock injs are already larger there is no since in buying them for an upgrade. Look more towards the stage 1's and we can tune your chip for you.

maxtrax

Reaction score
So I talked to my tuner yesterday and he advised to stay with stage 1 split shots. I asked him what his stage 1's were and he said that he installs larger nozzles and a different spring inside them. I also expressed my concern that everyone online is telling me to go to stage 1 (stock nozzle but larger cc) single shots because they give better power. He told me that he tried the single shots years ago and said they did work as well (or offer as much power) as his current configuration.

What I want to know is what would installing different springs do? I understand that larger nozzles would allow the fuel to be pushed through faster but if it is the stock cc how would that be beneficial? Wouldn't that affect the atomization of the fuel having larger nozzles?

TyCorr

Reaction score
So I talked to my tuner yesterday and he advised to stay with stage 1 split shots. I asked him what his stage 1's were and he said that he installs larger nozzles and a different spring inside them. I also expressed my concern that everyone online is telling me to go to stage 1 (stock nozzle but larger cc) single shots because they give better power. He told me that he tried the single shots years ago and said they did work as well (or offer as much power) as his current configuration.

What I want to know is what would installing different springs do? I understand that larger nozzles would allow the fuel to be pushed through faster but if it is the stock cc how would that be beneficial? Wouldn't that affect the atomization of the fuel having larger nozzles?

Split shots arent used in anything but stock inj's, afaik. I would probably find a different guy based on what you're telling us. Im sure he's nice or whatever but what he is telling you flies in the face of what is accepted around here.

Id not even ***k around with those stage 1's. 160/100's and get someone like gearhead to tune it and you'll be happy. Maybe change your trans fluid and see how imminent a trans rebuild is. If the fluid looks like party glitter you're screwed no matter what you do.

Your right foot is ALL that is gonna save that trans.

Bean

Reaction score
Who is your tuner? Sounds like since they cant tune single shots they dont recommend them.

smokedout250

Reaction score
Listen to bean! He knows what he is talking about! Go with ones or twos have them reburn your chip and be done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
Who is your tuner? Sounds like since they cant tune single shots they dont recommend them.

Thats the nail I was driving above this post!

Sounds like a "well I cant do it so its no good" approach.

Bean, sorry I threw another tuner out there in a thread that I ignorantly didnt know was in your section.:stupid:

Latest posts