71.5* Delta, beat that.......

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
1382452895417.jpg

After showing a Camaro what's up. Build coming in 2 weeks.

06_Whitebull

Reaction score
Wow, is this the first you've noticed it?

No, I've had a regular 20-30* delta for a while now, just been babying it until I got all my parts, but still waiting on my intake and turbo. Already have some other stuff on it. I'll just run the stockers until I get the finished goods. Those 2 things are easy swaps.

Guessing you weren't up to operating temp with 138* coolant. May not be that bad.

I was 45 minutes into a 3 hr. drive across KS, so I was pretty much to operating temp for my truck. It's usually around 165-170 and oil temp of 190-200 when it's under 50* outside temp. I couldn't help myself and paid the price. When I got home I had puke all over the place and nothing in the degas bottle.

Derkperk

Reaction score
Probably want to add a new thermostat to the list if you are seeing 165-170 normally and only 138 after 45 minutes.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've never seen one stay that low, that's pretty bad. I have a suspicion that's not even an oil cooler issue. When I rebuilt mine I did everything like you're planning on doing, new radiator, new water pump (I went with the alliant version with the metal impeller blades), new motorcraft thermostat, new motorcraft oil cooler rebuild etc. Temps stay right in the 185-190 range, both oil and coolant.

I've seen a split that high one time, on an auction truck. I think it came in with a ruptured egr cooler. Cooler was replaced, truck fired up and drove it around. Oil got up to like 275* and coolant stayed down around the 200* mark. Ruptured a new egr cooler almost instantly. Replaced oil cooler and a bunch of other coolant system parts and it was fine after that. Wasn't my truck, and I didn't do the work, but I was there to see the huge spread, it was scary.

imelmo

Reaction score
Would it be normal to have a delta split around 20*? On a repeated basis cruising freeways and 10 or 12* split in city?

I know you have been having delta issues and put in multiple oil coolers from your posts Jeremy. Have you thought about Steve@Absloute delta line kit?

:whs:

Mine used to be like that. Now if I see an 8*-10* difference on the Interstate at 80+ mph, that's a lot.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
:whs:

Mine used to be like that. Now if I see an 8*-10* difference on the Interstate at 80+ mph, that's a lot.

I've never heard of it! Well mainly why I was askin cause I took my truck in to a shop....they ran data logging everything was normal. Couldn't get deltas above 9*. They called me and talked about it and I told them I was seeing up 22* ish deltas on FRWY and they said it was ok cause ford spec "use to be" 25* delta. I was previously informed ford updated info and speced at 14* delta for a bad oil cooler. Which is main reason I took it in.

Latest posts

Members online