71/59 and 100%

Cknox121

Reaction score
Thought crossed my mind. I know Ryan made 800+HP with 60s and 71/stock hp charger.

So whats the general consensus on doing the 71/59 and 100%?

78f100

Reaction score
That's a lot of fuel for those turbos, I bet its smokey as heck unless you pull lots of fuel in the tune. I had 100s with my max powers and it was smoky'er than I liked for dd in certain spots.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Is there anything stopping you, besides price, of putting on the 71/59 and swapping to smaller nozzles to try and keep the EGT's a little more in check? You could prob sell your larger nozzles and make up a lot of the cost back

CT9AIX

Reaction score
My vote is the 71/59 and smaller nozzle. Heck, you could even sell the 71, buy a 75/76 and drop that in with the 59. Then when you remove your big turbo set up sell that stuff and make the money back from buying the 75/76 and in the end you'll have smaller more manageable nozzles to tune with, and a super quick spooling set up that doesn't need any type of fancy custom fab work and what not... It's all drop in

co04cobra

Reaction score
smokey and hot.

:whs: I ran it very briefly waiting for another set of turbos to come in. I sled pulled once with that setup too and it was so much fuel it snuffed the chargers.

Yes I'm sure it could have been tuned to be some "better" but really no point in that combo. Very hard to make it efficient. IMO.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Jared did 816 with 60's and a 71 I believe. Why not go with the rcd 75/59 and 60's? Easier to tune the 60's plus the 75 has a larger turbine.

Cknox121

Reaction score
My vote is the 71/59 and smaller nozzle. Heck, you could even sell the 71, buy a 75/76 and drop that in with the 59. Then when you remove your big turbo set up sell that stuff and make the money back from buying the 75/76 and in the end you'll have smaller more manageable nozzles to tune with, and a super quick spooling set up that doesn't need any type of fancy custom fab work and what not... It's all drop in

Thats the plan, except keeping the 71 and swapping in 60% nozzles. The 76/75 will be for when that gets old lol

:whs: I ran it very briefly waiting for another set of turbos to come in. I sled pulled once with that setup too and it was so much fuel it snuffed the chargers.

Yes I'm sure it could have been tuned to be some "better" but really no point in that combo. Very hard to make it efficient. IMO.

Thanks! Im sure its tough to make it smoke free but I honestly dont care about that.

Jared did 816 with 60's and a 71 I believe. Why not go with the rcd 75/59 and 60's? Easier to tune the 60's plus the 75 has a larger turbine.

See above.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Thats the plan, except keeping the 71 and swapping in 60% nozzles. The 76/75 will be for when that gets old lol

just do it all now! you'll have this thing tore apart 2 weeks after your done to swap the 76/75 in lol unless of course your looking to compare dyno numbers with each set up or something

Cknox121

Reaction score
just do it all now! you'll have this thing tore apart 2 weeks after your done to swap the 76/75 in lol unless of course your looking to compare dyno numbers with each set up or something

People like you are terrible influences lol

co04cobra

Reaction score
If you don't need to tow ever, you could make it work. Smoke isn't the problem, you would make more power with a smaller nozzle though.

Those nozzles are just way to much fuel for the chargers to ever make efficient power.

Cknox121

Reaction score
If you don't need to tow ever, you could make it work. Smoke isn't the problem, you would make more power with a smaller nozzle though.

Those nozzles are just way to much fuel for the chargers to ever make efficient power.

understandable