8" suspension thoughts..

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Alright I've been back and forth with myself about what I want to put on my new truck. I dont want to sacrifice ride quality at all! Have been going between a few kits and really cant decide. I dont want to go over my budget. I have to keep in mind I'm also installing AMP steps, H&S minimax, dpf delete, S&B intake, and American Force 22x12 Rebels.

Truck Toyz: (most expensive)
-Icon box kit with upgraded trac bar, carrier bearing drop, misc. parts
-8" Icon coilover
-OUO link arms
-OUO traction blocks/bars
-Omega bypass rear (might go piggy back)

I know this kit will ride well, Marty's told me many times it will. I trust him.

Pure Performance Desert Race with King coilovers:
-TGC is going to fab up some custom link arms and trailing arms for me. (not a huge fan of PP rear trailing arms)
-Rest would be PP 8" kit
-TGC steering stabs with king 2.0
-obviously having PP rear coil over conversion (big plus to me on ride quality)

I really like the idea of having a coilover in the rear. I had Pure Performance's kit on my 06 Dodge 2500 and it rode like a caddy at 12".

photo-20.jpg

OR..a mix

Now I'm not sure if there are any problems with mixing some of these parts. I dont see any but more experienced suspension guys point out any issues you might see.

Mix kit: (basically all Icon front parts)
-Icon steering stabilizers
-Icon trac bar (upgraded version)
-Icon coilover hoop (king shocks)
-OUO link arms
-PP rear coilover conversion (king shocks)

Not sure about the trailing arms for this setup. Does anyone know if I can get OUO trailing arms? Not the formed ones, the style similar to there adjustable link arms..

Any insight or thoughts? Hoping to get going on this in the next couple weeks. Just waiting for my home upgrades to be finished and paid before I move on.

Thanks,
Jon

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Start mixing to much and you may not get a better system that one designed as a unit..
Why go to Kings....you seemed very happy with Pures Coilovers..?

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Start mixing to much and you may not get a better system that one designed as a unit..
Why go to Kings....you seemed very happy with Pures Coilovers..?

I just like King shocks.

That dodge is so bad ass what size tires are those?
22x14 diesels
40x15.50x22 Toyo MT

Truck when I sold it was a little short for 40's. I had a 3" body on top of the 12" suspension but I pulled the body at the new owners request.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Leaning tword the Icon kit I guess. Thats the original setup I was going to run but after talking with some guys through PM its probably the better way to go.

Anyone running Icons 7-9" stage 3 kit? Just curious how the coil spring rides.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
You might want to think about the drop carrier bearing bracket. I had one, adjusted it every time I drove for a week. Never got rid of the vibration at take off. Went to a cv driveline and it was fixed.

ZombieHNTR

Reaction score
Out of curiosity why wont you consider Fabtech 8-10" kit? I ran the 8" 4-link before I upgraded to a full 10" and the truck road like stock

Latest posts

Members online