***911****911***

Joshbaker

Reaction score
Ok so im in the Navy and not home right now. My wife and i own the truck in my sig. She just emailed me and said that she can not get the truck to start. she says it will turn over forever but will not fire up. She said that it sounds normal but just wont start and might be cranking over slower then normal. I replaced 1 battery earlier this year for a dead cell but not the other one it tested fine. I have no way of helping her right now beacuse of being gone. im asking my brothers and sisters to help my wife out if you can. this is our only vehicle and she doesnt know a lot about how to fix it but i have just about every tool you can think of at my house. I wish i could give you more of a discription but email is slow for me and like i said she doesnt really know what to look at with out somebody telling her. PLEASE HELP. I would greatly apreciate it. Her cell # is (757)-602-6815. We are located in virginia beach, Va. Her name is Candace. If you want verification im in the navy she will give you my .mil email. (wont put it on the forum due to current OPSEC)

Thank you and god bless,

AS2 Baker

Atsah

Reaction score
Could be a number of things, someone local maybe can put there hands on the truck and figure it out for her.. If I was closer I would take of it.. Good luck..

Joshbaker

Reaction score
I really hope somebody is local and can help. thanks buddy. I am hoping for a best case of dead battery but im pretty familliar with them and know what it could be..... Anyways i dont get much internet so if i dont respond im sorry. Best thing to do is call my wife. She works as a school bus driver so text is best between 0530-1000 and 1300-1700 monday through friday.

Zmann

Reaction score
Here's another bump.....but it sounds like a dead/bad battery to me.

hows that ?

she can not get the truck to start. she says it will turn over forever but will not fire up. She said that it sounds normal but just wont start and might be cranking over slower then normal.

ToMang07

Reaction score
hows that ?

she can not get the truck to start. she says it will turn over forever but will not fire up. She said that it sounds normal but just wont start and might be cranking over slower then normal.

I know I had a weak battery combined with one dead cell and it would crank till the cows came home, wouldn't fire. New batteries and viola! I imagine the truck is sitting a lot since the OP is deployed.

If there isn't enough voltage they won't fire.....or are the 6.0's different?

Either way....free bump(s) for the OP!

Atsah

Reaction score
If there isn't enough voltage they won't fire.....or are the 6.0's different?

6.0's with low voltage are even worse... Could be battery related, FICM problem, fuel pump could have taken a dump, IPR issue, it could be lots of stuff.. I would Start from scratch with a scanner and a volt/ohm meter..

It sounds like the truck gets driven most of the time as he said it was there only vehicle..

ToMang07

Reaction score
6.0's with low voltage are even worse... Could be battery related, FICM problem, fuel pump could have taken a dump, IPR issue, it could be lots of stuff.. I would Start from scratch with a scanner and a volt/ohm meter..

It sounds like the truck gets driven most of the time as he said it was there only vehicle..

That's what I thought....but no first-hand experience with 6.0's other than scanning them with AE, lol

And I missed that part. :doh:

Zmann

Reaction score
I gather
She drives it daily since it is their only vehicle and that it is cranking slow since it won't start and She has cranked it repeatedly so now the batteries may be low but not the reason it wouldn't start originally

EDIT I see you caught that it is a DD later ;)

Last edited:

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
if the STC fitting went bad it will cranck forever and never fire, i know this from experience.

so has the STC fitting ever been replaced?

G Racing

Reaction score
Everything is speculation until a scanner is put on it. The ficm is good because the truck will start with the icp sensor unplugged. Candace is pretty knowledgeable and was able to check a few things out. She is picking up a new sensor and is going to change it out.

imelmo

Reaction score
Everything is speculation until a scanner is put on it. The ficm is good because the truck will start with the icp sensor unplugged. Candace is pretty knowledgeable and was able to check a few things out. She is picking up a new sensor and is going to change it out.

:thumbup:

Atsah

Reaction score

Nice..

Joshbaker

Reaction score

I just wanted to thank you G racing. Also wanted to let everybody know we have a scangauge 2 hooked up to the truck but i never added any gauges to the x gauge except trans temp because after reading i found out that you dont get good HPOP reading if the truck is tuned for some reason. I dont know if the scangauge will help but we do have it hooked up to the truck. And thank you guys very much. I dont know if she will be able to put the ICP in or not but im sure she can do it with a good explination of what to do. She has acces to all the tools a man could want. (im a heavy equipment mech by trade and in the navy)

swinky

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank you G racing. Also wanted to let everybody know we have a scangauge 2 hooked up to the truck but i never added any gauges to the x gauge except trans temp because after reading i found out that you dont get good HPOP reading if the truck is tuned for some reason. I dont know if the scangauge will help but we do have it hooked up to the truck. And thank you guys very much. I dont know if she will be able to put the ICP in or not but im sure she can do it with a good explination of what to do. She has acces to all the tools a man could want. (im a heavy equipment mech by trade and in the navy)

The icp voltage x gauge still works as it should. And I would always put the truck in stock tuning every once in awhile to accurately read psi. Get those x gauges man! Glad she got helped out and congrats on having a wife that isn't a tard!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.