911, On The Road & Having Troubles

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Well guys. Started the truck today and the h&s minimaxx wouldn't go past initializing connection.

So I turned the truck on and off, the h&s connected, yay!

So I go about my day, heading 3 hours towards Ohio.

About 1/4 the way to my destination the truck stops communication with the h&s minimaxx and it freezes.

I figure whatever, bad HDMI cable or something. So I just unplug the h&s from the OBD II port.

Then the weird **** starts. About 30 minutes later I get spammed with service advancetrac warning and brake check warnings. Like 10-15 warnings in a row.

That's when I get more suspicious.

I keep driving, looking for an exit off the interstate.

Then the entire gauge cluster shuts off. No input at all. Turn signals wouldn't even work. Transmission didn't want to down shift.

I get to a parking lot. Turn the truck off and let it sit for a few minutes. Plug the h&s minimaxx back in and start up the truck.

Everything starts fine. Gauges work, h&s communicating with the truck.
I'm scared to keep going. Should I call a tow? Keep driving?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

LovetheTide

Reaction score
Check all of the connections under the dash. Sometimes one of the harnesses will get loose and cause all kinds of weird things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Check all of the connections under the dash. Sometimes one of the harnesses will get loose and cause all kinds of weird things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I made the remaining 100 mile trip successfully without any more hiccups. I still have to make the trip back home in a few hours though. All the connections and wiring under the dash look good.
Any other potential bad spots?

sootie

Reaction score
i highly doubt it is a tuner issue. Check the harness connections above the e-brake. Also check the pcm connections above the passenger side inner fender. Even if they look good, take them apart and re seat them.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
i highly doubt it is a tuner issue. Check the harness connections above the e-brake. Also check the pcm connections above the passenger side inner fender. Even if they look good, take them apart and re seat them.
Just dropped the truck off to get a new set of shoes.
I'll be sure to check and reseat those connectors before I head back home.

I asked the shop to inspect while they were doing tires.

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Just reporting in.

Checked all connectors I could find, everything looked good.

Made the return trip without any other problems.
I will be sure to update the thread if the problem resurfaces in the near future.

Thanks everyone!

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
Read that a harness above the E-brake gets loose and cause all sorts of dash problems.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Installed the upfitter switches today and wired up a switch for the high idle to help out with cold weather headed our way. Last winter we had some -30 degree days.

Anyways, while I had the bottom of the dash apart I double checked every connector and made sure there weren't any loose or chaffed wires.

The harness above the E-brake appears to be well connected.
I'm starting to think this may have just been a weird glitch...

Latest posts

Members online