95 7.3t recommendations

racerdad2

Reaction score
Looking for the latest info. What's the best scan tool ? Steering gear box ? HPOP ? Glow Plugs ? G P uvc harness ? Starter ?

Doesn't look like she's going to make it til Spring.

Thx for your opinions !

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Bugman

Reaction score
I would go with AE for your scanning software but then you need a laptop to run it on or a real long cord from your desktop computer, HPOP, there are a dozen out there depending on what you are going to want from your truck. Glow plugs, there are only one Motorcraft/Beau ZD-11's. UVC harness Ford only for me. Starter, I would go with a DENSO 228000-8420 and not a Chinese rip off of one.

racerdad2

Reaction score
Thx Bugman. I tow a car hauler of 10k #'s. I bought an Edge programmer a few years ago. I have it on the first tow setting. It's been working good. I don't have mountain grades to climb.

Any recommendations of where to buy ?

JCart

Reaction score
I have a write up on R&R the steering column using a Borgeson mid shaft, the Red Head is the way I'll go when the time comes. Article is a .pdf so you can download and can be found in sig link below. HPOP pending what you are doing/have, you can get a used SD 17 degree pump or what I did was get a T500 from Joey at Terminator Engineering, not installed yet waiting for injectors from Tim at P.I.S... : )

jrc

Last edited:

JCart

Reaction score
The Borgeson really smartened up my truck, I also snugged up the steering box just a titch, if you tighten the box just go 1/8 turn at a time. To much and it will not want to recenter ( like after rounding a corner), and may wreck the box.

Short term if the stock mid shaft is sloppy you can snug up the slip joint with a hammer and chisel (see article).

jrc

racerdad2

Reaction score
Looks like I'll have plenty of updates to do this Spring. Time for a make over.

Latest posts

Members online