95 Won't Start

BeachedSquirrel

Reaction score
1995 Crew Cab Dually
Automatic
252,xxx miles
Stock

It seems like I've had one problem after another, but they have all been relatively easy to fix. The last issue I had was an oil cooler leak. I purchased an o-ring kit and rebuilt the cooler. Reinstalled it on the truck and it ran fine for about a week.

I go out to start it and it cranks and cranks but doesn't start. I plug in AutoEnginuity, no codes. I run a KOEO systems test and it passes.

Now where AE was able to help was with the diagnostics while cranking.

ICP PSI would build up to 15. Yes, 15.
IPR would build up to 50%

Clearly, the truck isn't building enough PSI to fire the injectors. When I checked my HPOP reservoir it was nearly empty, with only about 1/4" of oil in it.

I've read threads where people say replace your LPOP, HPOP, IPR, ICP, Injectors, ETC... My question for those with more knowledge than I, where is the best place to start?

Thanks!

97f350stroker

Reaction score
First off check your engine oil level.

Top off your reservoir and go through a cranking cycle then re check the reservoir. If you continue to drain the reservoir and it's not filling back up then either the lpop isn't doing its job or possibly a plugged up oil pick up tube in the pan. People have also experienced a cracked pick up tube that wasn't able to pull oil.

Until you can maintain oil level in the reservoir don't worry about your hpop, injectors, ipr or any of that.

BeachedSquirrel

Reaction score
Apparently I forgot to mention engine oil level, whoops. It has been showing as full during all of this.

I topped off the reservoir and went through a cranking cycle and it still held the oil.

I plugged AE back in and it gave me a P1280 (Injector Control Pressure Sensor Circuit Low).

The dash gauge is also not showing any oil pressure.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online