97 F superduty more power

Pstroke14

Reaction score
Got my 97 f super duty I've had for years tots all my tools ,welder, torches and air compressor around ,stock except the big clamp on air filter , well got me a pile of parts ,gonna do the down pipe , ****** the warm up valve and change the fuel bowl housing , she's only got 53k on her but a pile of hours , thinking about a wicked wheel 2 and a set of AC code injectors ,my sticks are getting a bit smokey !' Maybe a Ts 5 pos mostly just for high idle !! This truck weighs in at 13,800 lb I don't want to go wild just would like her to go down the road a little nice and maybe roll down the highway with a bit more on the fuel pedal ! Any ideas ?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Start with getting that downpipe installed and then throw on a tuner. Adding gauges is a good idea as well.

That should make a world of difference and put a huge pep in it's step. If you are still not satisfied with the power, bumping up to AC code injectors would be a good next move. Adding an intercooler is beneficial at this point as well.

We can help you get setup with any of the products mentioned above if you are interested. If you have any questions or would like help building a parts list, shoot me a PM or e-mail. Would be happy to give you a hand.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Is the air filter a 6637 air filter from NAPA? Gotta a good filter for the engine to last.

Pstroke14

Reaction score
Yep always run the 6637 , have one 97 , had one on the 01 til the day I traded it in on my 14 , the 97 is just a heavy truck ,

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
If it were me, do the intercooler, DP, TS chip, e-fuel, with a set of 200/30 injectors. Very tune able and will never need a HPOP upgrade. If you dont want to get into injectors yet just do everything but the fuel system and injectors.

superpsd

Reaction score
If you willing to drop some coin. For the improved air side of things a drop in ball bearing turbo is right around the corner.

superpsd

Reaction score
It's a rebuildible BB drop in turbo. There rebuildable BB for the Superduty trucks is already out. If the results from the testers are good I'll be ordering one asap. They are not a vendor here so I will say no more.

superpsd

Reaction score
Correction KC turbo is a vendor here. My mistake. I had seen them post here but never seen them advertise. The KC38R is a drop in BB rebuildable unit. The SD version is out the obs is in testing.

Latest posts

Members online