97 no start

Harl

Reaction score
Hey guys just bought a non running 7.3. Got it for a good deal so I figured heck why not. At first I couldnt connect with scan tool and by unhooking the fbh and adding a new fuse I got that back in action. Icp is around 3000psi cranking. Fuel is 60psi Truck will start with help of ether to get it turning faster. But its only running on the drivers side bank? Can unplug both passenger sideplugs and no differnce. One of the connectors was burnt so I replaced the uvch and plug. When doing buzz test all 8 will buzz but then it comes up with a p1668 code. Also had a p0344 swapped out cps with a known good one and with truck running on the 4cyl it will cut in an out just like a junk cps would. Any ideas where to go from here?

Harl

Reaction score
Swapped ECM and I could not hear the injectors click nor any white smoke. So I put the original one back in an still nothing. Hooked up scan tool and tried to do buzz test an now it won't even do a buzz test. Just comes up with the p1668 code. All fuses and relays are fine. So either it's IDM or a bad harness. Guess I'll find out tomorrow

Smokinstrokin7.3

Reaction score
It's most likely a bad harness the slightest burn or bit of oil in the connectors will cause that issue, it happened last summer on my 96 changed it out and boom ran perfect, it doesn't cost to much for the harness either about 125 for 1. Good luck

Latest posts

Members online