97 p1211 icp lower/ higher than desired

ShorePerformance

Reaction score
i am currently working on a 97 7.3, e40d, no mods other thsn a set of guages and a superchips programmer. after diagnosing the tranny issues went for a road test and threw cel for p1211 icp higher/ lower than desired. icp has recently been replaced and there is a considerable amount of fine metal in the oil. im considering a hpop issue. idles at about 550 psi and 8-10% ipr duty cycle. max is around 2500 and 34% ipr duty cycle. just looking to throw around a few ideas before i tear it apart. thanks, Dan

907DAVE

Reaction score
No easy way to do it. If you have a known good IPR to stick in there, that would be a good start. I dont think that is the root cause of your issue, probably the result of something else contaminating your oil (HPOP, turbo, etc).

haulin99sdp

Reaction score
i would see what kinda pressures your hpop is holding at wot...... get on the road at say 60mph and hold the rpms steady as hell as see wat hpo she holds.... note the duty cycle as well..... plz let us kno wat you find..

haulin99sdp

Reaction score
jus tryin to climb the ranks.....lol... seems im a lil late gettin over...:pimp:

ShorePerformance

Reaction score
WOT up a hill spikes to 2500 then drops to 2410-2460 ipr d.c. around 34-35%, im leaning towards the ipr stuck open when it threw the code because i couldnt get it to throw the code again. however the metal has to be coming from somewhere..hpop/ turbo, oil pump? lifter? rollers? rod bearing. who knows

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Those pressures and duty cycle numbers arent that bad. Pretty well within the ranges. I would be the code was from the IPR sticking open, perhaps due to the metal shavings. But ike you said Dan, the shavings have to be coming from somewhere. Plus these said shavings prolly arent being to nice to the HPOP and injectors. Really just need to find out where in the hell those shavings are coming from. Once thats figured out it will be alot easier to go from there.

Regardless ide have your customer get that Superchips off there and return it to stock tune till the issue is resolved.

Good luck bud haha.

ShorePerformance

Reaction score
appreciate all the help guys, the guy decided he needed his truck to drive so he came and got it, even though i strongly recommended he didnt drive it till we figured it out. but whatever haha

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Speaking for Dan(shoreperformance) im almost positive its a Superchips turd. I know for a fact its not a 6 position.

I understand that....remember there are 3 settings/tunes.....

FWIW I set that code whenever I did WOT with my old tw chip on my 97.

Latest posts

Members online