A/C problems in 2012 F450 DRW

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
This is the third time Ive had my truck in the Ford shop, for the A/C its leaking freon but they cant figure out where. The truck has just over 7,000 miles, I bought it new. Anyone else having this issue? I trust my dealership, but this is getting tiresome. And frustrating.:gun: by the time they get it figured out I wont need it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
First I have heard. Seems like a person should be able to find it...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
We have 5 of them. No issues. Dye and a good mechanic should find it. Only trick problem i have ever had was a front brg seal on the compressor leaked. It was on a 04.

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Have seen several evaporator cores leak on 11+ trucks.. Its a PIA to see but you should be able to see ac dye in the heater box drain with a mirror and black light.

Stumblefoot

Reaction score
first time they changed the evaporator core, second time they refiled the freon but couldnt find the leak same thing third time. This last time THEY FOUND it small crack on the backside of the compressor, leaked freon but too small to leak oil. right on the "casting" line. The new one does not have the casting marks its a solid housing. This is the second compressor they had fail, but the first on blew a hole in the compressor housing. Easy to find. But if this dealership has had two failures, how many are there nationwide? DMy dad bought a few trucks from this dealer, Ive bought 5 so far, so have a good working relationship with them. Will get my wifes Explorer next service free. And I got a new hat LOL :)

Latest posts

Members online