a lil help please

djr4x4

Reaction score
2001 7.3, not 100% sure which programmer. 6 way switch. with a aftermarket intake kit, oil crossover system, and 4" exhaust with a edge cts I believe for monitoring. Its a buddies truck. He just had all of this installed maybe 2 weeks ago.. He just texted me, while driving, no load. check engine light came on.. He read off codes.. P1249, P1690, P1247, P1248, P1211.. I know this is all in regards to the turbo and wastegate.. Can anyone point in the right direction at to where to go from there???

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
1211 means low icp and hpop aint keeping up. either bad injectors, bad orings, bad ipr or the hpop is in fact saying *** you im out...

live life full throttle

djr4x4

Reaction score
1211 means low icp and hpop aint keeping up. either bad injectors, bad orings, bad ipr or the hpop is in fact saying *** you im out...

live life full throttle

Thx Lincoln.. Helps point us in the right direction somewhat.. I was thinking HPOP but wanted to reassure myself.. Injectors were supposedly just checked by a local shop and he was told they were good.. I'm sure they will be getting a call possible on Monday..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
the 1247, 48 are what i believe to be a bad map sensor due to boost pressure low and not even detected. maybe unpluged or the line is off the spider.. the 49 is wastegate not detected which i belive is that lil black thingy hanging on the front of the spider or the lines are off..

live life full throttle

djr4x4

Reaction score
Could the HPOP had been weak to begin with and when the oil crossover kit got put on it that sent the HPOP over the edge?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
no, the crossover is just to even ou pressure to both heads.

the 1690 code is for the wastgate too.. id be more worried about the boost not being detected and the 1211 hpop code

live life full throttle

djr4x4

Reaction score
He had the boost issue happen once before but then it started working just fine. Never threw a code strangely. I even messed with the black thingy about a week ago checking the lines and connections and all was working great.. I even took the truck for a test drive.. Everything sounded great except for what I believe is a leaky uppipe that I told him about.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
He had the boost issue happen once before but then it started working just fine. Never threw a code strangely. I even messed with the black thingy about a week ago checking the lines and connections and all was working great.. I even took the truck for a test drive.. Everything sounded great except for what I believe is a leaky uppipe that I told him about.
id say map sensor is bad if everything is hooked up..

live life full throttle

djr4x4

Reaction score
Thx for all the info and help lincoln.. I'm hoping he drops the truck off at work, so I can pick it up tomorrow when I come back to work with the lowboy..

djr4x4

Reaction score
I just put AE on one of my laptop's and will be hooking up to the truck tomorrow night once I get off from work and haul the truck to the house.. What should I keep an eye on?

djr4x4

Reaction score
He has already decided to swap injectors from stock split shots to stage 1 single shots.. He's also already looking at HPOP's considering on changing that even tho we haven't checked anything yet.. So, on that note.. Adrenaline HPOP? Yay, Nay?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
He has already decided to swap injectors from stock split shots to stage 1 single shots.. He's also already looking at HPOP's considering on changing that even tho we haven't checked anything yet.. So, on that note.. Adrenaline HPOP? Yay, Nay?
adrenaline is a definite yes here! dont forget he needs custom tunes to run those single shots. and honestly, id wait and make sure his hpop is junk first.. stock hpop should be fine for stage 1s.

live life full throttle

djr4x4

Reaction score
Looks like more then likely I'll be transporting it to Diesel Innovations on Monday or Tuesday to get custom tuned, Single shots installed, and he's looking at HPOP's.. That part loooks to be covered.. Now the other issue would be the Map/WasteGate/Turbo scenario.. Maybe I can figure that out tonight/tomorrow morning once I can look at it... Or it may just be shrugged all of for DI to take care of and I'll be the transporter, information giver.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Looks like more then likely I'll be transporting it to Diesel Innovations on Monday or Tuesday to get custom tuned, Single shots installed, and he's looking at HPOP's.. That part loooks to be covered.. Now the other issue would be the Map/WasteGate/Turbo scenario.. Maybe I can figure that out tonight/tomorrow morning once I can look at it... Or it may just be shrugged all of for DI to take care of and I'll be the transporter, information giver.
DI will get it right!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online