A More Durable Degas: Mishimoto’s 6.0L Aluminum Degas Bottle R&D

superBADduty

Reaction score
If the Oval sight glass was included in one of your options I'm pretty damn sure it would have won.
I'm sure your warranty is top notch but I doubt it covers accidental damage by the truck owner that is wrenching on his/her own truck and accidentally breaks it or a Ford mechanic for that matter does the same.

Zmann

Reaction score
tube looks cheap and Frankensteinish not to mention Ricer and afterthought LOL

valvetick

Reaction score
So there is another thread about another aluminum degas bottle that has the window... Just get that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
that unit has the sight glass

we want the oval window or a better than 300$ price tag

or screw it OEM is fine

Arctic Fox

Reaction score
Months ago when they were asking for thoughts and ideas I voiced my dislike for the sight tube. I suggested at that time (maybe it was on another forum) that if an oval sight window cost too much and one single small round sight window wouldn't give a good view... then use two round sight windows, the bottom of the lower window showing the "min" and the top of the upper window showing the "max" limit.

And like others have already said if this won't fit with aftermarket air cleaners then there will be a lot of returns.

Zmann

Reaction score
they started the brainstorm thread a while ago on multiple forums
lots of folk chimed in
then they built the degas exactly like they wanted to anyway

mimic OEM dimensions / use OEM cap/ use cheap sight tube

the only other thing that came out of the brainstorm thread that can still be implemented was keeping a moderate cost

so lets see if we at least have that request met

Arctic Fox

Reaction score
Have you guys tested fitment with A/M air intakes?

We have not been able to test fit this with any aftermarket intakes at this time so we can not say for sure. However, this will fit with all stock components.
-Sara

This is the same answer I got when I asked whether they had checked to see if their new larger trans cooler will fit with the BPD oil cooler.

Reaction score
Yeah. Seems like they just went whatever way they wanted and didn't do any additional testing for aftermarket components which most use. I was going to get one, but bought an OEM one instead when mine cracked and I had it epoxied waiting on this one. It lasted nearly 200k and that's sufficient for me. It's not pretty, but it's clear and keeps the cooling system pressurized as it should.

superBADduty

Reaction score
I don't want this to turn into a bashing thread cause Mishimoto has been good to the 6.0's and are continuing to come up with different things to help improve our trucks or at least give us options. The 6.0 is old to some companies and can't be bothered with an old platform when the hot ticket is the 6.7's. I commend them on putting the effort into the R&D and bringing certain items to market, I know it's a lot of work and money.
With this degas bottle controversy, I wish they would have offered the oval sight glass as an option. Seems like it would have been the best of both worlds with the sight tube and sight glass.
I don't know if it's too late, I wouldn't think so. But I'm not in that kind of business.
I wish they would consider the oval one.
I hope they respond to this thread.
Ok I'm done.

Mishimoto

Reaction score
When designing products we try to take as much of your feedback and ideas into consideration as possible. Some things are more feasible than others, and in this situation it would be difficult to accommodate this request without significantly driving up cost. We do pay attention to your requests and know that cost is an important factor for you and we want to keep this in mind.

We chose the two most financially viable options for the Degas and put it to a vote. We posted a poll on multiple forums because we want to get the most accurate representation of the community and what you want to see.

We use the sight tube in many other applications including our s550 Mustangs without failure, not to mention we have your back with our warranty if one of our products were have an issue or failure.

-Sara

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Let us know what you think!

We are holding a poll to determine what finish forum members want to see on their Degas bottle, Polished or Silver Powder Coat.

Vote HERE.

Thanks!

-Sara

Mishimoto

Reaction score
Degas Bottle Pre-Sale is Live!

Check out our 03-07 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Aluminum Degas Bottle pre-sale! We are launching a discounted pre-sale for those on the forums that have been following our progress. The details are listed below:

261g8bt.jpg

110g5z6.jpg

Sale Price: $248.95

MSRP:$300.00

Estimated Ship Date / Pre-Sale Expiration: September

Includes:
(1) Aluminum Expansion Tank w/ Sight Tube
(1) Mishimoto 1.1 Bar Ford Overflow Reservoir Cap
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty

Degas Bottle Pre-Sale is Live!

Let us know if you have any questions about our pre-sale!

Thanks,
Sara

Zmann

Reaction score
that MAX level looks mighty high

is the free air volume the same as stock ?

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
so they werent done in either color that anyone voted for? We run a lot of mishi stuff and sell a lot as well and it would of been nice to have something that matched the rest of the stuff you guys sold powerstroke wise

Zmann

Reaction score
so they werent done in either color that anyone voted for? We run a lot of mishi stuff and sell a lot as well and it would of been nice to have something that matched the rest of the stuff you guys sold powerstroke wise

they have a uncoated / polished option did you see that one ?

what color won the vote I don't recall ?

Latest posts

Members online