A turbo per head

Stroker04

Reaction score
I remember seeing in diesel power mag or another magazine, something about a truck that ran a small turbo for each head. Does anyone know what im talking about or where its at? Provide a link maybe?

Stroker04

Reaction score
I thought it was two stock 6.0L chargers mounted on each head...If it was possible I would think you could have a pretty nasty setup. I could be wrong though.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
My guess is that spool up wouldn't be so great with two stock chargers. Seems like you'd need a tighter exhaust housing to spool each one sense both heads aren't feeding the single stocker. Just my thoughts, I'm probably wrong.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
My guess is that spool up wouldn't be so great with two stock chargers. Seems like you'd need a tighter exhaust housing to spool each one sense both heads aren't feeding the single stocker. Just my thoughts, I'm probably wrong.

Not unless you figured out a way to multiple the voltage of the VGT solenoid signal off the PCM to control each charger

Extended Power

Reaction score
There is a car in diesel power that has a stock 6.0L with a stock turbo on each head.
Says its about 4-500 HP. (cant remember... I thought it was low)

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
There is a car in diesel power that has a stock 6.0L with a stock turbo on each head.
Says its about 4-500 HP. (cant remember... I thought it was low)

You're thinking of the galxie they featured a while back. It had to 52mm turbos from a Porsche on it. Don't remember what injectors where in it, but you are correct he was right around 500.

sent from the shop making things fly.....

Stroker04

Reaction score
ford Galaxy wagon? It wasnt stock turbos it was Porsche turbos I think. 50mm

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/featu...00hp_ford_power_stroke_galaxie_station_wagon/

but I dont think diesels really like parallel turbos. this is why everyone goes compounds and not twins.
I agree in that sense but I think its pretty neat IMO
I honestly think it was a completely stock 6.0L...just with two stock turbos.

If he turned it up I wonder what kind of power it would've made..

Latest posts

Members online