??? About 6.4 bd up pipe and manifold kit

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Thinking I have a blown up pipe bellow, I was told these were the way to go. Just trying to figure out a few things. The up pipes look nothing like the stock pipes, is an egr ****** also required with this kit? Or do I just need blocker plates?

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
BD kit del's that EGR pipe that is problematic and just keeps the manifold up pipes to the turbo. Yes EGR del will be required if you don't have it done already.

_up_pipe_before_after_6-4l_ford_marken_performance.jpg

6.4f350

Reaction score
I did mine cab on when I put my engine back in, so I had the manifolds already bolted to the heads when I sat them back down. Definitely going to be a massive pain in the ass to do cab on without pulling the heads but they say it can be done.

Rubenk

Reaction score
Keep in mind you have to mess with an AC line, I believe doing it "properly" requires evacuating the system, installing a spacer, and reassembling and recharging.

78f100

Reaction score
If you don't want to pull the cab, pull the transmission, life will be so much easier. Its not a bad job with the trans out.

6.4f350

Reaction score
Keep in mind you have to mess with an AC line, I believe doing it "properly" requires evacuating the system, installing a spacer, and reassembling and recharging.

Yes the BD kit comes with a spacer so you do need to open the AC system to install it. The spacer needs to be installed for the passenger side manifold to clear the AC lines coming out of the compressor.

Nick284

Reaction score
doing this upgrade actually flows more? i know it prevents blow outs etc... surprisingly mine have lasted, but probly pulling my trans for a converter swap so i should do this while its out!!?

Rubenk

Reaction score
doing this upgrade actually flows more? i know it prevents blow outs etc... surprisingly mine have lasted, but probly pulling my trans for a converter swap so i should do this while its out!!?

No. purely a reliability upgrade for the 6.0 style manifold.

webb06

Reaction score
Proof please. I always hear this and nobody ever shares the data...

I doubt anybody has the data lol elite is about the only place I know of that flows stuff like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
to the eye, the BD manifolds are MUCH larger internally and WAY more fluid than the factory 6.0 manifolds. i dont know this for sure because i havent had both. oh wait , i ... stayed at a holiday inn express last night.