abs control module/trailer brake controller

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
been having a issue with my brakes lately on my 2011 f350 srw 4wd, when i hit the pedal it would pull hard to the left and it would release itself and then pull hard again, so i went to change my brake pads and they were wore so i went ahead and changed those and my caliper on each side was leaking around the rubber boot so i changed those as well. while i was in there i noticed my wheel bearing was grinding so i changed it a week or 2 ago. the other day i pulled all my abs fuses and the issue has gone away so its either the module or the solenoids/pump. my issue isnt the abs i can live without the fuses in it but i cant live without a trailer brake controller. anyway to bypass the abs but also have my trailer brakes to work? ive already played with all the fuses and all 3 have to be in it for the brake controller to work, or am i stuck having to buy a abs module/pump?

sootie

Reaction score
nope, you arent stuck. use a normally closed relay and break an abs sensor wire. take power from an upfitter switch to open the relay. That will then kill abs and advancetrac but should leave the brake controller alone. You will have some lights on the dash while the circuit is broken but will return to normal once you flip the switch back.

personally i dont recommend driving with abs disables esp towing. if it was me, i'd fix the truck

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
Changed the abs module and it worked great for a day now it's back to pulling to the divers side again and abs and service advance track lights come one and off still. Guess I'm going to try changing the abs pump tonight maybe the solenoids in the pump aren't acting right. Not sure what else to do with it

sootie

Reaction score
any chance the wrong fluid was put in the brake system?

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
No, I added dot 3&4 fluid after I changed my calipers. If I unplug my abs vss and plug it back in it will go away for about a day then every once in a while it will start doing the same thing, under constant brake pressure it will be fine then I'll feel a pulsation in the pedal then it will quit pulling then pulse and pull again. When it does this the service advance trac and abs light will come on then ho off

sootie

Reaction score
have someone throw IDS on it. Maybe a bad sensor?

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
well since the other day when i acted up on my after changing the control module it hasnt acted up on me again

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.