Abs light came on, speedo still works

95powersmoker

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not sure where to look first. Towing the camper home last weekend and my abs light came on. It not will not turn off. Ive checked my vss and it feels tight and solid. My speedometer is still operating fine. Not having any other issues besides the light being on. What are some causes of that light illuminating?

Thanks.

psduser1

Reaction score
Just cause its tight may not mean anything. 20$ for a new version is pretty cheap. I just changed mine, made the light go away.
Check the wires behind the fuel tank, another trouble spot, I've seen them chafe and throw the light.

95powersmoker

Reaction score
Just cause its tight may not mean anything. 20$ for a new version is pretty cheap. I just changed mine, made the light go away.
Check the wires behind the fuel tank, another trouble spot, I've seen them chafe and throw the light.

Was your speedometer still working?

Arisley

Reaction score
I can remove my VSS and my speedo will continue to work. If the PCM loses reference from the VSS, it will use the driver side front ABS sensor. I found this out by having a flat on the driver side front. My spare was a smaller tire. It changed the speedo readings. Replaced the VSS and the front tire (got the right sized spare also). Speedo went back to reading correct and the ABS light went out.

95powersmoker

Reaction score
Any way to test either the front abs sensor or the vss? Also, hooked up to AE and it shows no response from module.

Last edited:

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
James, Check the sensor on top of the trans, mine did the same thing after replacing my torque converter

Latest posts

Members online