ABS light just turned on...

BFT

Reaction score
I'm a bit low in the reservoir and the rear seal on the drive shaft to the rear axle is leaking a bit.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
sooo.... LOL

you will need IDS to check that code to see what the actual fault is. Could be a fuse as well.

BFT

Reaction score
You mad at me?

I seen it flicker on a few times this morning and it just finally stayed on

BFT

Reaction score
This morning I turned it on and the light was on but turned off as I started heading out. Blinked a few times but is now off.
The fluid is 1" below the max fill line, I have not towed with this truck yet and it does not have traction control.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
pull the speed sensor and check for metal shavings on top of rear diff. have you had the front brakes apart and poss. routed abs wiring incorrectly? allowing them to be too close to dust shields cause brake heat to melt wiring? dirty/broken connector on the rear of front fender wells? if it were caused from low brake fluid the red brake light would come on also.

BFT

Reaction score
I'll check that all out. I bought the truck less then 6 months ago. The light blinked a few times on the way home and hasn't come on since.
I haven't changed the brakes on this truck but ill give it a good look over. I'll be ordering seals for the front axle and the rear axle. Everything in the front seems to be good.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Gonna have to come up with a code, and an IDS is not the only tool that can retrieve it.

BFT

Reaction score
Only thing I have is a spartan tuner and h&s mini max. I doubt they will show up with a code.
The truck works well, only time I started noticing it was when I came down an off ramp and I felt the breaks "flutter" and the light started blinking. I just want to get all the bells and whistle done up before I put some OOMPH into her

907DAVE

Reaction score
Probably just a speed sensor if you had a "phantom" activation.

Either way without a code you will be chasing your tail.

BFT

Reaction score
Got a heads up a re checked the front fenders. Drivers side had been damaged due to blow out, so ill be getting a new harness instead of depending on a late night solder job.

Latest posts

Members online