Absolute Apex Manifold only

Super Diesel

Reaction score
New base numbers since my drive shaft was fixed 445.32hp and 856tq. Best tq number was 861tq and 444.42 hp. This is still before manifold.

Why are those numbers so low? What nozzle sizes are on those 175s? After looking at their site, I'm assuming the Industrial Injection turbo you have is just a Powermax. Still, with the Powermax, 175s, RR, and Matt's SRL++.... I would've expected way more than what you put down.

Are there any issues with the truck? Fuel Pressure looks good? Big tires? Having an issue, like a boost leak, would cause the truck to smoke like it did on the dyno. Just curious, because if there's a problem - your test with Steve's manifold won't be accurate at all. Especially if there's a boost leak, the manifold will move that much more, or less, air to make it worse.

Either way, good luck. I offered to get some numbers for this intake manifold a while back. If you're still interested in doing testing like this Steve (before and after) the guys at PHP could make it happen. Hell, since they have a shop now - they could probably test this with multiple trucks.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
It smoked much less from what I gathered after fixing the drive shaft since they could load it more. The stage 1 Vgt from II isn't really comparable to the power max.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
I have 20" Rims and 305/55r20 tire nitto all terrains.when I was at matts... Gear heads place he said I should make about 465hp with what I have but this was a few years ago. Set up has remained the same since then though. I'm sure with some of matts new tunes I could put a bigger number as it was

little luke

Reaction score
It smoked much less from what I gathered after fixing the drive shaft since they could load it more. The stage 1 Vgt from II isn't really comparable to the power max.

That's what I was going to say. I believe its something around a 62mm. I believe 155/30 would be about all these turbos could handle.

f3502wd

Reaction score
How about we test the intake on someone that breaks the 1000tq mark:popcorn::redspotdance:

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
Well made it home with the truck and I'm pretty happy with it...for now! Smoke has been drastically cut down, spool up is better and egt's are down 100* and the truck has shown signs of improved fuel economy.

Now for the results

Before 445hp
After-465hp

So a increase of 20 peak horse power, the dyno graphs look just about the same with the after building more power a tad sooner as expect.

Last edited:

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
correction, just looked at the sheet.They got a reading on the third and final run it did 456hp and 866tq.

so 445hp,856 and the highest tq run 444hp,861 after 465,unknown and 456hp,866

I'm sure it would have made a higher tq number on the 465hp pull as the third run it was heat soaked and lost a little power

Last edited:

f3502wd

Reaction score
correction, just looked at the sheet.They got a reading on the third and final run it did 456hp and 866tq.

so 445hp,856 and the highest tq run 444hp,861 after 465,unknown and 456hp,866

I'm sure it would have made a higher tq number on the 465hp pull as the third run it was heat soaked and lost a little power

Yeah I was gonna say the same thing about the heat soak

f3502wd

Reaction score
So what ya'll take on the results?

Thats a hard one to be honest. One cant take away the amount of labor that it takes to port one of these. But I seriously think that with a bigger setup (turbo/injectors) like what Im about to do, it would show way more gains. If I was stock, I would spend my money else where.

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
That's what I told Steve, guys running larger turbo(s) should see a more significant gain than what I did. I'm still happy I went with it though for when I make up my mind on either a 62 or 64.5fmw

f3502wd

Reaction score
If I was doing testing for a company I would've provided more info then just dyno numbers. Like Twan asked, egts. What were your egts before the intake when you made that power, what was the temperature, etc... Just seeing hp gains doesnt necesarilly mean that they came from the ported intake. It could be anything from the weather outside to how actually someone straps the damn thing to the dyno, especially with that small gain. Just my 2cents.

swinky

Reaction score
If I was doing testing for a company I would've provided more info then just dyno numbers. Like Twan asked, egts. What were your egts before the intake when you made that power, what was the temperature, etc... Just seeing hp gains doesnt necesarilly mean that they came from the ported intake. It could be anything from the weather outside to how actually someone straps the damn thing to the dyno, especially with that small gain. Just my 2cents.
This^

SleeperDuty

Reaction score
I don't know the exact egt numbers during the dyno runs but the but for the before and after they noticed a 100-150*difference just glancing over at the egt gauge.

For me I saw about 50-100* difference just cruising at around 75mph on my way home.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online