Absolute Performance Basic EGR Delete Write Up

Reaction score
Absolute Performance Basic 6.0 EGR cooler delete

dca7cb8e.jpg

Step 1: Remove both CAC tubes, using a 7/16 or 11mm socket. Inspect boots for signs of cracks, replace if needed.

Step 2:Drain coolant from radiator. Plastic drain valve is located on driver’s side bottom corner of radiator.

Step 3: Disconnect Batteries

Step 4: Remove air intake completely.

Step 5: Loosen down-pipe from turbo outlet, requires a 11mm or 7/16 socket.

Step 6: Loosen and remove alternator (3 13mm bolts), not necessary to loosen belt, just let alternator fall towards front of vehicle until belt will slide off.

Step 7: Remove oil filter/fuel filter housing, Torx bits will be needed.

Step 8: Remove turbo oil feed line. (2) 10mm bolts. (1) 8mm bolt. Be sure gasket is removed and replaced with new one.

Step 9: Remove all 3 turbo mounting bolts, 10mm. Remove turbo from valley of truck by sliding to passenger side, be careful not to bend drain tube.

Step 10: Loosen EGR cooler at front of manifold with (2) 10mm bolts and at rear with 11mm V-band clamp.

Step 11: Loosen EGR cooler at up-pipe using 11mm socket on v-band clamp.

b578a653.jpg

f395de6d.jpg

Step 12: Cut EGR cooler line. Small amount of excess coolant will drain.
6a379c23.jpg

Step 13: Remove intake manifold bolts and remove manifold from truck, recommend cleaning while it is removed.

Step 14: Install EGR delete into bottom of manifold using provided bolts/nuts

037bb32c.jpg

a4626815.jpg

Step 15: Using the stock clamp, install block off plate onto stock up-pipe.
2a75f58c.jpg

ebcfb4df.jpg

Step 16: Using the black 90 degree hose with brass nipple. Install with hose clamp onto existing inlet where you previously cut the EGR cooler hose from. (NOTE) Leave brass nipple open for now.

Step 17: Clean up valley of motor using shops rags

Step 18: Using new gaskets, re install intake manifold (NOTE) Hand start all manifold 10MM bolts before tightening.

Step 19: Re-Install turbo. Make sure oil return is re O-ringed and seated properly before install of turbo.

Step 20: From coolant reservoir connect extra length hose (provided in kit) to 90 degree elbow with brass nipple.
coolantbottle.jpg

Step 21: With black cap and red clamp block of previous nipple on the manifold where you took the coolant hose of from.

Step 22: Re install air intake

Step 23: Double check all connections and make sure all clamps are connected and tight.

Step 24: Add desired coolant into reservoir.

Step 25: Start truck and check for leaks. Add coolant if needed.

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
More pictures will be added the next time we install the kit, we had a whole lot more taken at the time of install but half of them didnt turn out for one reason or another.

Overall a very nice kit that simplifies the EGR delete process. The kit comes complete with everything you need and is offered in a variety of different ways, including a new up-pipe and EGR valve block off plate, if that is what you are wanting.

Thank you Steve for the quality work and customer service!

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Looking good fella's. Glad everything went in smooth for you. Let me know when you are ready for a couple more!

BTW, have you heard back from the customer at all on the kit?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Looking good fella's. Glad everything went in smooth for you. Let me know when you are ready for a couple more!

BTW, have you heard back from the customer at all on the kit?

Customer is plenty happy with the kit, honestly I doubt he has even looked under the hood. He isnt much for mechanics, but I will let you know if I hear anything!

strokin6L

Reaction score
Do you really need to remove the manifold tho? I've pulled my egr cooler out of my truck with the manifold still in there. I just removed all the bolts and moved it around enough to take the cooler out...modded it and reinstalled.

Mikeh1725

Reaction score
Do you really need to remove the manifold tho? I've pulled my egr cooler out of my truck with the manifold still in there. I just removed all the bolts and moved it around enough to take the cooler out...modded it and reinstalled.

I'll be pulling mine just to clean it out. After cleaning the egr valve and seeing how dirty it was I can only imagine what the entire manifold looks like.

My question for the OP is if you can replace the entire up-pipe with the cab on the truck. I'm not sure I have alot of faith in just the blocker plate.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Yes all you need to do is loosen the manifold enough to get the cooler out of the truck, then tighten it back down. We removed it to show a better example of how to install the kit, as well as cleaning up the manifold and replacing the gaskets!
I'll be pulling mine just to clean it out. After cleaning the egr valve and seeing how dirty it was I can only imagine what the entire manifold looks like.

My question for the OP is if you can replace the entire up-pipe with the cab on the truck. I'm not sure I have alot of faith in just the blocker plate.

The up-pipe sure can be replaced, have done it that way also. Steve @ Absolute offers this kit with the block plate or with a new up-pipe it is your choice.
The blocker plate is used to simplify the install, and I will say it works quite nicely.

imelmo

Reaction score
Great write-up. Good job. And kit looks good, Steve.

Reaction score
So are you carrying this egr delete now Derek? I really like the looks of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't have any in stock at the moment but will be ordering a few from Steve shortly.
Overall great kit and I like the fact that there are 2 options a customer can choose from.
Thanks again Steve for the great kit and letting us do a write up. We will get more pictures to fill in the blanks on the next truck.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
approx how long did the install take?

I dont have a time on it, but generally 5-6 hours start to finish should be a pretty good estimate until you have done enough to have it all memorized.

Not having to remove the factory up-pipe saves a lot of time and headache, that is the worst part!

Lancer

Reaction score
I did my first EGR delete with this kit yesterday on my boss's truck. I wish i had found these instructions first, it would have saved me some serious head scratching!!! But it all went very well for my first one. I left the manifold in place and i did not remove the filter housings, though it probably would have been easier. I have another to do on my truck next weekend. Great kit. Thanks Steve.

Reaction score
I did my first EGR delete with this kit yesterday on my boss's truck. I wish i had found these instructions first, it would have saved me some serious head scratching!!! But it all went very well for my first one. I left the manifold in place and i did not remove the filter housings, though it probably would have been easier. I have another to do on my truck next weekend. Great kit. Thanks Steve.

Right. You don't have to take out the intake manifold, but we did for 1. you can clean it up while its out and always a good idea to inspect things while your into it. 2nd. So average Joe's will be able to understand and have more working room. And keep in mind, we always suggest if your that far into the truck might as well up grade the oil cooler.
Glad to hear you liked the kit as well as we did and everything went smoothly.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Not sure how I missed this. Kits with a blocker plate are $250 and kits with up-pipes are $299. I have a couple left needing homes. Let me know if need anything. Shoot me a PM :D

Latest posts

Members online