AC cold at idle, but not while moving

Reaction score
AC is ice cold when at idle, but not during driving. Had it completely go out a few weeks ago, I checked clutch, removed a shim, clearance is good. Took it to local dealer, it was low on freon, they evacuated and refilled with die, also found that the orifice tune was completely full of trash and replaced. Was doing good for a couple weeks, and now like I said, does okay while moving, but got kinda warm for a short while today, got ice cold at a stop light, and then kept up a lot better afterwards, never got warm, but still not as cold as it got at idle, any ideas?

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Radiator, condenser, or cac got a bunch of chit in em? Stuff that reduces air flow?

79jasper

Reaction score
Take it to a specialized ac shop.
1. If the orifice tube was clogged, the desiccant probably let loose and is all throughout the system, so you need a new accumulator/drier.
2. Sounds like incorrect charge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Guess I'll take it back again, it just doesn't make sense how it's so cold when idling

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
It could have gotten air in the system, which causes the hi pressure to spike while the compressor is.spinning fast.

Downey

Reaction score
I just had the same problem. My low pressure on my system was low so I put in 2 small cans from Walmart (less then $12 for both). Ice cold again

Reaction score
Maybe I'll get lucky then, and that's all it is

79jasper

Reaction score
I just had the same problem. My low pressure on my system was low so I put in 2 small cans from Walmart (less then $12 for both). Ice cold again
If it took two cans to bring the pressure up to where it's supposed to be, you have a leak.
Also if the low pressure was low, the high pressure was low also. It's all connected.

Reaction score
So, took it back, the accumulator was coming apart, and causing the debris in the orifice tube. Having accumulator replaced, orifice replaced, and the rest of the system flushed, and the dealer has been great about working out the cost, so we'll see.

79jasper

Reaction score
Figured that's what it was. Many say to change it anytime you have the system open. Definitely anytime the orifice tube is clogged/changed.

Reaction score
Been a week now, AC is still colder than ever

Latest posts

Members online